I shook Jon Anderson's hand today! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I shook Jon Anderson's hand today!

ForeverAutumn
05-07-2004, 01:16 PM
After standing in line for an hour to get Yes's autographs, we were told by management, "no more autographs, you can come in and say hi, but that's it". We stayed in line, went in to say hi and snap a few pics and the band was still happy to sign autographs. :D

BarryL
05-07-2004, 01:31 PM
After standing in line for an hour to get Yes's autographs, we were told by management, "no more autographs, you can come in and say hi, but that's it". We stayed in line, went in to say hi and snap a few pics and the band was still happy to sign autographs. :D

Me too. I didn't know when I woke up this morning that this would turn out to be a very special day.

I got Jon, Rick, Alan, Chris and Steve to sign my Fragile CD cover, and Steve to sign the cover to The Steve Howe Album, Rick to sign The Six Wives of Henry VIII, and Chris to sign Fish Out Of Water. What a rush. It's funny how that is to meet these five guys who's music I've loved for 30 years now. I've probably listened to more Yes in my life than any other single band. And I get to see them play one more time tonight.

Life is full of little wonderful surprises.

Now, if they would only play Tempus Fugit live, but I suppose Jon wouldn't approve.

Eat your heart out, Dave.

DarrenH
05-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Smooth and supple or dry and callous?

Firm or soft?

Ya know, his grip.

Hehehehe. Congrats FA. I bet that was a thrill for ya. Have you ever met the band before?

I better not see that signed Relayer on eBay either. I'll be watching. ;)

I would love to meet the members of Tull after a gig but I don't think they're receptive to that anymore. Too bad.

Darren

ForeverAutumn
05-07-2004, 09:53 PM
My hand was cold and clammy. Hard to tell how his hand felt through all my own clamminess. I will say that he had a nice, firm grip. A good handshake.

You sure won't see that CD cover on eBay. Wakeman wrote something above his name and I can't for the life of me figure out what it says. It's "not _______". I think it has something to do with my goof of not realizing until too late that Wakeman didn't play on Relayer. Moraz did. Oooops! :eek:

I can't take responsibility for that error. I was told that only Squire and White would be at this session. So I grabbed Relayer because it was the best cover for autographs (nice and light). It wasn't until we got there that we found out that it was the full band.

....now if I could only figure out what the heck he wrote!

DarrenH
05-07-2004, 10:05 PM
The only thing I can make out is the word "not". Everything else on that cover is pure chicken scratch. Their hands must have been pretty tired by the time they got to you. Or they just have piss poor penmenship to begin with.

I suppose if I had signed my name a half a zillion times it would tend to get sloppy as well.

Darren

ForeverAutumn
05-08-2004, 01:48 PM
The only thing I can make out is the word "not". Everything else on that cover is pure chicken scratch. Their hands must have been pretty tired by the time they got to you. Or they just have piss poor penmenship to begin with.

I suppose if I had signed my name a half a zillion times it would tend to get sloppy as well.

Darren

I know. I can't make it out either and the real copy is much clearer than the picture I posted. If I had been paying closer attention, I could have gone back and asked him. But that would have been too embarrassing anyway. :(

Dusty Chalk
05-08-2004, 09:41 PM
I don't know, it pretty obviously says, "rot in hell" to me.

Or perhaps it's "met 1hwtel"

Hyfi
05-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Your in the right place at the right time or your real pushy. Sounds like a blast. Was the show any good?

...and it was super of you to give big bro your most excelent seats!!
My birthday is coming :)--

Dave_G
05-10-2004, 05:57 AM
Glad ya'll all had a good Yesnite.

My next gig is Rush on August 1 and then NEKTAR in Septmeber.

Dave

BarryL
05-10-2004, 06:31 AM

Dave

Nektar sounds like a treat. I hope they show up somewhere near my neck of the woods.

Dave_G
05-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Should be real interesting.

Caravan is supposed to open for them.

No light show though.

Dave

ForeverAutumn
05-10-2004, 07:12 AM

Dave

You'll have to post a Rush review for me. We're seeing them on Aug. 22. This concert has the destinction of the most expesive concert ticket I've ever bought . $135 Canadian clams. :eek: But we got great seats. Floor level on what is traditionally the Geddy Lee side of the stage. :D

Dave_G
05-10-2004, 07:36 AM
I have a real good (not great) seat in the center of 3 sections, so I am pretty happy, we shall see.

I have seen Rush so many times, they are always real good.

Will post a review!

Dave