Group comp of movie soundtracks? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Group comp of movie soundtracks?

PPG
05-07-2004, 10:55 AM
If you like music from the movies and maybe have a small collection (or large) of movie soundtracks on disc, would you be interested in contributing to a group comp of tracks from various movies through the years? Rare or out-of-print stuff would be ideal. JC once did a movie music comp, but that's been a while ago - a group comp might be interesting.

Troy
05-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I have a lot of oddball ST stuff.

Troy
05-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Maybe I'm thinking of a different kind of ST comp. I'm thinking scores, incidental music and closing credits stuff. Jerry Goldsmith, John Carpenter, Carl Stalling, Lalo Schifrin, Bernie Herriman, Danny Elfman, James Newton Howard instrumentals kinda stuff. Don't think anything like that's been done around here.

PPG
05-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah, Troy, that's what I've got in mind. I got a track from "Creepshow" I'd like to throw on the comp, or some Vic Mizzy (famous for the themes to "Green Acres", "Addams Family", "Shakiest Gun In The West", etc.). Movies like "Body Heat", "Grand Canyon", "Blue Velvet", "Twin Peaks"...old sci-fi themes.

Can you hear this audio file? http://www.dailywav.com/0702/attaboy3.wav

Troy
05-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Troy, that's what I've got in mind. I got a track from "Creepshow" I'd like to throw on the comp, or some Vic Mizzy (famous for the themes to "Green Acres", "Addams Family", "Shakiest Gun In The West", etc.). Movies like "Body Heat", "Grand Canyon", "Blue Velvet", "Twin Peaks"...old sci-fi themes.

Can you hear this audio file? http://www.dailywav.com/0702/attaboy3.wav

It's gone. That's what the page says, anyway.

Yeah, maybe some Stewey Copeland on there too.

BarryL
05-07-2004, 12:28 PM
If you like music from the movies and maybe have a small collection (or large) of movie soundtracks on disc, would you be interested in contributing to a group comp of tracks from various movies through the years? Rare or out-of-print stuff would be ideal. JC once did a movie music comp, but that's been a while ago - a group comp might be interesting.

Count me in. Give me a few weeks to collect a few tracks. Scores only from me. I don't know how exciting such a disk will be, but there's some fine movie scores out there.

Dusty Chalk
05-07-2004, 12:29 PM
I don't really have anything to contribute, save, perhaps, a track or two from the Mothman Prophecies soundtrack (featuring tracks from King Black Acid), but I thought I'd show some love for this project.

nobody
05-07-2004, 12:36 PM
There's some good creepy instrumentals on the Lost Highway soundtrack by Angelo Badaamanti. If you'd want some, I could toss 'em your way.

Jim Clark
05-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I'll dig around and see what I can come up with. No promises but surely I have something. I'll just re-read the thread to make sure it's what you're looking for. I'm guessing you don't want "Blood Is Pumping" from Blade 2!

jc

PPG
05-07-2004, 03:46 PM
There's some good creepy instrumentals on the Lost Highway soundtrack by Angelo Badaamanti. If you'd want some, I could toss 'em your way."

HELL YES, that's the kind of stuff I'm wanting to get. PM me for address, etc.

np: "Something To Tide You Over" John Harrison from Creepshow soundtrack. ("I can hold my breath a LONNNNG TIME!")

Troy
05-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I really dig the Barry Adamson tracks from Lost Highway. Great atmosphere. He did another one called "Delusion" that has a few great moments on it.

PPG, did I ever send you the "Trip 2" disc with the Broken Arrow Score as the closer? If not, I'll send it to you.

r3Wind
05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I love soundtracks, I've got some cool stuff by Jon Brion (Magnolia & Punch Drunk Love) that I'd be happy to throw your way...

dld
05-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Count me in! Soundtrack from The Straight Story, scored by Badalamenti is killer, as is the Cat People coundtrack (by Badalamenti also???). Also, the end music to True Romance sondtrack is pretty fookin good to. Got a ton of this type stuff (lots of bad stuff too). Think Iv'e got the Twin Peaks soundtrack as well or maybe thats just the Julee Crusie LP.

DarrenH
05-07-2004, 09:53 PM
The soundtrack to the movie "Thief".

Performed by Tangerine Dream. Always liked that for some reason. It's pretty killer.

In fact, Tangerine Dream has done quite a few bits for the movie industry over the years. The music they did for the "Risky Business" soundtrack is pretty good also. Wish I had them to offer you.

Darren

PPG
05-08-2004, 07:30 AM
Count me in. Give me a few weeks to collect a few tracks. Scores only from me. I don't know how exciting such a disk will be, but there's some fine movie scores out there.

Barry, I think how exciting it will be depends a great deal on how well I can seque the varied offerings and make the thing flow cohesively. I look forward to this project and your contribution.

PPG
05-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Count me in! Soundtrack from The Straight Story, scored by Badalamenti is killer, as is the Cat People coundtrack (by Badalamenti also???). Also, the end music to True Romance sondtrack is pretty fookin good to. Got a ton of this type stuff (lots of bad stuff too). Think Iv'e got the Twin Peaks soundtrack as well or maybe thats just the Julee Crusie LP.

Sounds very cool, Dave. I like Badalamenti and the Twin Peaks music.

PPG
05-08-2004, 07:46 AM
PPG, did I ever send you the "Trip 2" disc with the Broken Arrow Score as the closer? If not, I'll send it to you.

Troy, I'll have to check my collection and see if I have that. I know for sure you sent me Trip 1, but not sure about Vol. 2...(edit) actually I'm pretty sure I don't have Trip 2.

dld
05-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Sounds very cool, Dave. I like Badalamenti and the Twin Peaks music.

Rick, I'll just mail you five or six cuts from a few soundtrax I have and you make the cuts. Hey, maybe I won't even tell you what song is from what soundtrack, you just pick the cut you want and then I'll tell you its name. Or mebbe I'm wasted and thats not a really good idea.....

Hyfi
05-09-2004, 09:49 AM
My pick will be from Passenger 57......Stanley Clarke

Sounds like an interesting idea since there is so much music from sondtracks that you won't hear unless you watch the movie.

PPG
05-10-2004, 04:11 AM
My pick will be from Passenger 57......Stanley Clarke

Sounds like an interesting idea since there is so much music from sondtracks that you won't hear unless you watch the movie.

Alright WyFi! Stanley Clarke, great choice.

BarryL
05-10-2004, 05:28 AM
Barry, I think how exciting it will be depends a great deal on how well I can seque the varied offerings and make the thing flow cohesively. I look forward to this project and your contribution.

Please e-mail me your address at linetsky(at)istar.ca