Help Me Decide Klipsch Or Polk [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decide Klipsch Or Polk

anox3
05-07-2004, 07:03 AM
I recently bought a pair of Polk Audio R30 speakers. they were on sale for $200 a pair at Circuit City. I like the sound of the mids and highs from these speakers. They replaced a pair of 16 year old Yamaha 3 way towers that were prepackaged with a rack system. I have always wanted a pair of Klipsch speakers. I recently talked with a store and he has 1 pair of Klipsch RF 15 unopened in the box. Retail is $299 per speaker. He stated if I come in he will do better. Will these Klipsch really outperform the Polk Audio? or am I really in about the same situation with both speakers as entry level reference? I can save alot of $$$ if I order Klipsch online. I also know if they are not authorized Klipsch will not honor any warranty on them also. I also understand for any serious bass i need to add a sub to the system. Thank You for any help you can give me on this.

poneal
05-07-2004, 07:13 AM
It sounds like you already made up your mind. You stated you really want the Klipschs. If you do decide to get them, then I would buy them from an authorized dealer.

anox3
05-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Poneal:

This is what I am really wondering. Will these Klipschs really outperform the Polks? I mean both of these speakers are entry level reference series speakers.

paul_pci
05-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Poneal:

This is what I am really wondering. Will these Klipschs really outperform the Polks? I mean both of these speakers are entry level reference series speakers.

If you could audition the Klipschs somewhere, you'd get a general idea of performance difference, minus the specific acoustical differences between a showroom and your listening room.

Mr Peabody
05-07-2004, 07:57 PM
My question is why have you always wanted a pair of Klipsch? Is it reputation or have you heard a pair? If you have heard a pair you should be able to tell the difference. They would sound distinctively different from the Polks.

Outperform, is something only your ears will be able to judge. One thing for sure is the Klipsch will play much louder than the Polks with the same amount of power. I think the Polks will sound more tame and smoother where the Klipsch will be quite a bit more crisp and aggressive.

klipschmen
05-07-2004, 08:30 PM
my friend have montors 10 he blew them his spider rip crack I still own a Klipsch 3.1 speakers they are better then polk audio u dont need alot power for klipsch speakers

swampcat
05-10-2004, 06:42 PM
If you like your polk speakers You really need to listen to the klipsch, a very different speaker. I have four klipsch towers and i love them and wouldnt buy anything else. You may hate them. Klipsch are bright foward speakers, need half the power to optian same sound level from a klipsch compared to the polk. Will easily play twice as loud as polk at same power input (this is a good thing). I think the sound of klipsch is a different taste than polk. You have to audition them.