Yamaha RX-V2400 Video connections [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V2400 Video connections

bluey2king
05-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Help I was setting up my new RXV2400 last night I find the manual poor. I can't get the On screen Display to work, or my TV audio to play. I figure either I have connected to the wrong terminals, or I am not in the proper mode to hear it.
If someone has one of these it would sure Help if I could pick your mind and ask a few Questions.
Thank You !!
Bluey

nick4433
05-07-2004, 10:11 AM
It was quite a while ago that I tested the 2400 but if I remember correctly then you will have to connect the "S-Video Monitor Out" of the 2400 to the S-Video in on your TV and you should be getting the OSD.
As far as your TV volume goes, make sure you have the "Audio Out" from your TV going in to the corresponding input on your 2400 and make sure you select the right input on your 2400 when watching TV programs.

woodman
05-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Help I was setting up my new RXV2400 last night I find the manual poor. I can't get the On screen Display to work, or my TV audio to play. I figure either I have connected to the wrong terminals, or I am not in the proper mode to hear it.
If someone has one of these it would sure Help if I could pick your mind and ask a few Questions.
Thank You !!
Bluey

Are you possibly running ONLY a "component-video" connection to your TV set from the 2400? As far as I know, there are no A/V receivers that will produce an OnScreen display via a component-video hookup. As Nick already tole you, you need to use either an S-video or a composite video hookup to the TV in order to see OSDs.

As to the audio, do you want to hear the TV audio through the set's internal speakers? Why? The whole point in having an A/V receiver is to maximize the sound experience by not using the TV's internal speakers. If you want the option of "just watching TV" without turning on the surround sound system, just connect the RF output of your satellite receiver or cableTV box to the antenna terminals on the TV set. This will provide sound and pictures from the TV set by itself. Personally, I never watch TV without my surround sound system being in play, FWIW.

Hope this helped you

wasch_24
05-10-2004, 03:39 AM
Are you possibly running ONLY a "component-video" connection to your TV set from the 2400? As far as I know, there are no A/V receivers that will produce an OnScreen display via a component-video hookup. As Nick already tole you, you need to use either an S-video or a composite video hookup to the TV in order to see OSDs.

I have the RX-V1400 connected to my Mitsu via the component out of the receiver and my OSD comes up on the screen. I would think that if the 1400 can do it then the 2400 should. One thing that may effect it though is that the Yamaha OSD is 480i. If you have your component out from the receiver connected to an input on your TV that doesn't support 480i then that is the reason it is not coming up.

Again, the Yamaha RX-V1400 will output the on screen display through the component out. I would think the next step up in the line should be able to do this as well.