What did you listen to on your morning commute to work? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What did you listen to on your morning commute to work?

PPG
05-06-2004, 04:45 AM
For those that drive to work...

I listened to a couple of cd-r's: tracks 10 and 11 from the marvelous CRSv9. And a New Age compilation I downloaded from iTunes to take the edge off the morning traffic..

(PPG = Pointless Poll Guy)

Jim Clark
05-06-2004, 05:00 AM
I don't leave for another half hour yet since today is my 9-5 day but 's gonna be Lali Puna! Can't post at work which is kind of a bummer but I'll check on you yahoos later tonight.

jc

Dave_G
05-06-2004, 05:23 AM
I played some Ric Ocasek, Galahad, and Peter Tosh on my commute this morning, and dabbled in the radio very briefly, radio is simply awful here, but I am starting to tune in to WRAS, the station for GSU here, used to be a great station back in the day, now they play weird ass stuff for sure, and they are one of the few college stations that have 100,000 watt rating, but it's still better than the commercial schlock stations.

Later -

Dave

Finch Platte
05-06-2004, 05:57 AM
I played some Ric Ocasek, Galahad, and Peter Tosh on my commute this morning, and dabbled in the radio very briefly, radio is simply awful here, but I am starting to tune in to WRAS, the station for GSU here, used to be a great station back in the day, now they play weird ass stuff for sure, and they are one of the few college stations that have 100,000 watt rating, but it's still better than the commercial schlock stations.

Later -

Dave

A paragraph from DaveG!?

Will wonders never cease.

It usually.

Looks.

Like.

This.

;)

ep

ForeverAutumn
05-06-2004, 06:18 AM
My commute to my downtown office is anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes. So, after listening to the traffic report, I have lots of time for CD listening on my drive to and from the office.

This morning, I started off with Finch's mystery disk. A few tracks on that are growing on me in a reminiscent 14-yr-old kinda way. ;) I got bored with that one though and changed to Coheed and Cambria. A very enjoyable listen.

nobody
05-06-2004, 06:29 AM
Nothing...I walk.

Dave_G
05-06-2004, 06:39 AM
Ya,

for some reason,

I can't put together

long posts.

I will try, tho.

Dave

-Jar-
05-06-2004, 06:48 AM
no cd in the van. :mad:

usually listen to either College Radio or NPR. My commute is short though.. 15 minutes.

Today is was "Marketplace" on NPR. They were talking about how the guvnint let the number of a kind of work visa fall to such a low level that they ran out, so many high-tech foreign workers are unable to work here.. and many companies are kind of screwed because they can't find people here to fill those jobs, and there weren't enough visas to go around.. kind of dry stuff.

-jar

jasn
05-06-2004, 07:06 AM
I just got my car CD player back from the shop after having no driving tunes for three weeks (Ugh). It makes everything sound new again.. for about a week.

Anyway, today I listened to an oldie - Jimmie Spheeris: The Dragon is Dancing.

I loved this on vinyl many years ago and finally got it on CD not too long back.

Troy
05-06-2004, 07:18 AM
I had to go with "other" as my commute is 10 feet down the hallway.

Mr MidFi
05-06-2004, 07:32 AM
This morning, it was a Bowie CD-R I cobbled together from Forever Autumn's 2-disc comp and some downloaded songs from iTunes. Pretty good.

Yesterday, it was Rush's Hemispheres and Permanent Waves (burned together on one CD-R).

Day before that, it was a comp I made of selected tracks from Jar's comps.

The point: comp-making has forever changed the way I listen to music.

PPG
05-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Mr. MidFi, I can sure relate to your comp-making comment forever changing the way you listen. How you like iTunes? I personally think it's pretty cool. Do you know if there's anyway to completely delete songs? I know they cost 99 cents but once I've burned them, I'd like to get rid of them.

Dusty Chalk
05-06-2004, 08:11 AM
I listen to the CD about half the time, but I try to listen to traffic, weather, finance, and whatever else I chance upon that interests me, which is often (the war, etc.).
Nothing...I walk.I hate you.
I had to go with "other" as my commute is 10 feet down the hallway.And you.
My commute to work is only 10 minutes though.And you.

I need a new job. :(

DarrenH
05-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Bob and Tom. That program cracks me up.

My commute to work is only 10 minutes though.

-Jar-
05-06-2004, 08:42 AM
The point: comp-making has forever changed the way I listen to music.

Well, before I started doing CD-R's, I listened to lots of mix tapes while driving. Sometimes I would take my portable cd player and listen to albums. After I started making CD-r mixes, I listen to them most, though I have been re-discovering some of my old tapes recently for some reason.

oh, and I'd love to see what songs you picked off my comps.. drop me a PM if you have the list handy..

-jar

dld
05-06-2004, 10:29 AM
I listen to KTCK, The Ticket. All sports talk, 24/7, all local hosts. Lots of guy talk til Cowboy season kicks in. In the afternoon a couple of days a week, they talk music. Some of those guys cut their teeth at the ZOO (KZEW) years ago (70"s and 80'S) but don't know crapola about todays good music.

audiobill
05-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I always press "random" on my 6-CD changer on my drive to work.

This week:

Wrens, Meadowlands
Led Zeppelin (4-disc boxed sed)
Johnny Cash Comp

Each Monday morning, I have fun planning my week's listening pleasure. This week, as you can see, was rather traditional..........man I love to crank some of those Zep tunes.

Cheers,
audiobill

newtrix1
05-06-2004, 01:02 PM
man I love to crank some of those Zep tunes.

Cheers,
audiobill

I had Presence in the player this morning. I agree, Zep is a great way to start the day!

MindGoneHaywire
05-06-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't work, so I didn't vote. When I was working, the last 4 years before I got sick, I had a 10-minute walk to work. Prior to that, I had a year where I commuted an hour and 45 minutes each way; prior to that, more than 5 years of a half-hour or less. If I were still working, my answer would be the same: Howard Stern. And when I was working, if there was an especially good program in progress when I had to leave for work, I would bring a Walkman along so I wouldn't miss any. Or a boombox so I could continue listening when I got to the office.
The idea of having to drive to a job is very strange to me. I only ever did it for about a month or so in my entire life.

Slosh
05-06-2004, 02:20 PM
One was a piper. One was a rat.
They couldn't decipher how it came to that.
And at the cockadoodle they crawled out of their beds.
As if the rooster knew each rising dawn they dread.

Lost in a flurry.
Looking for landmines hid in a ribcage back at the frontline.
And when the sun is falling they crawl out of their skins.
They hear the moonlight calling them from this mess they're in.

Take deep breaths and waste sweet seconds.
The late day beckons and if I save it, it will slip away.
Spend seven nights like Saturday.

Yawn, yawn, yawn we're all long gone.
If we get lucky we'll be dead by dawn.
So let's get get get get get get get get get get it on.
I want to get get get get get get get get get get it on.

Charging a windmill and missing the mark.
Blinded by sunlight but drafting an arc.
I've got one million dollars made of ten million dimes.
Paid for ten million failures of other's good advice.

Take deep breaths and waste sweet seconds.
The late day beckons and if I save it, it will slip away.
Spend seven nights like Saturday.

Yawn, yawn yawn we're all long gone.
If we get lucky we'll be dead by dawn.
So let's get get get get get get get get get get it on.
I want to get get get get get get get get get get it on.

I can say who it's by because I'm off on a far away search for a good spot to dig a hole ;)