Anyone familiar with this Internet Speaker Company? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with this Internet Speaker Company?

Teddyaudio
05-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Hello everyone, I stumbled across this web site while I was searching for home theater speakers for a 6.1 or 7.1 system for my home. When I find these web sites, like many of you, I like to bounce it off this board to see if any of you have some of these speakers or have any information. I emailed them, and got a prompt response from a courteous person who is the regional director for the company in the USA. Any information you give will be greatly appreciated. They appear to be following the pattern set by Home Theater Direct, Ascend Acoustics , Axiom and some of the other more recognizable internet speaker companies. Here is the website I found:

http://store.hometheater2u.com/naturespk.html

Thanks much,

Teddyaudio

P.S. I am considering the Nature Series

N. Abstentia
05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
You should apply for a job with them, you'd make a great salesman. Sound like you own part of the company or something.

Imagine 'stumbling' across a website that sells home theater speakers when you were doing a search for home theater speakers. What are the odds?

Bryan
05-05-2004, 05:14 AM
"Do you have any testimonial from users?

Yes and no; we have seen many sites flooded with testimonials that even professional advertisement writers can't outwrite. We feel the only legitimate testimonials are the ones that provide contact information. However, we respect the privacy of our customers and will not reveal such information.

In replacement of testimonials, we have provided critiques from leading international audio magazines. Hopefully they can give you an objective preview of our products."

This, as part of their FAQ would make me wary of ordering from them. Smells of something from Dogg Digital, a part of the White Van speaker network.

Would stick to some of the better known factory direct brands, such as Onix (av123.com), Axiom, Odyssey, nOrh, Magnepan, ACI, VMPS, Ascend Acoustics, HSU, SVS, Adire Audio, GR Research, Newform Research, Merlin Music, Swan, etc.

Teddyaudio
05-05-2004, 07:56 AM
You should apply for a job with them, you'd make a great salesman. Sound like you own part of the company or something.

Imagine 'stumbling' across a website that sells home theater speakers when you were doing a search for home theater speakers. What are the odds?

I am a sales consultant, however, I had never heard of these guys or audioreview for that matter until I found them. I was browsing and found the website about 6 pages from the opening page. I found lots of things while browsing--a term my customer use everyday.

Number9
05-05-2004, 09:02 AM

N. Abstentia
05-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Wait, you said you never heard of that company OR audioreview until 2 days ago..yet this came from your post:

"I like to bounce it off this board to see if any of you have some of these speakers or have any information"

So which is it? You've never been here before, or you 'bounce' something off of the board every time you find something?

Teddyaudio
05-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Wait, you said you never heard of that company OR audioreview until 2 days ago..yet this came from your post:

"I like to bounce it off this board to see if any of you have some of these speakers or have any information"

So which is it? You've never been here before, or you 'bounce' something off of the board every time you find something?

Read my post carefully, if you are going to respond, do it right. I never said 2 days ago. I have been reading audioreview for years. I changed my name when my server got switched from a cable modem. Actually I am Soundman, if you remember that. I have been in sales for a couple of years due to facility closings and being laid off from my computer Quality Assurance Software consulting jobs--I have a family and bills still have to be paid. I have been at this hobby since 1967. I am over 55 years of age and well versed in audio and video. I sent this original post to see if some of you out there knew about these guys which it appears you do not. I have been checking into the internet speaker companies and did happen up on the web site. I don't work for those guys who are Asian which I am not. These speakers are not part of Dogg Digital or Theater Research. The guy I talked to has direct connections to oversears manufacturing. If you want another slant on the white van speakers scam (I researched that whole situation well and a friend of my has been approached by them), log onto canyonaudio.com and talk with the guy there. He actually legitimately sells Theater Research speakers from his web site and knows full well about the white Van scam. That does not stop him for selling them. Nuff said.

N. Abstentia
05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Well next time don't make it sound like you're copying a magazine ad word for word, that's all. It sounds like Spam, and Spam don't sit too well here.

Bryan
05-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Being all for internet speaker purchases and supporting those companies, that particular company you mentioned rubs me the wrong way. Nothing of value is supported in their reviews. In one sentence they say they will pay for shipping both ways but in the next you on the hook for return shipping. With SVS, nOrh, VMPS, and Onix (all companies whose products I own), among others, you can talk directly to the company president. ACI's president frequents boards. They will recommend other products to you if they do not have what you are looking for. I recently, within the past two to three days, saw one thread where a companies president offered to come to a customers residence to resolve their problem.