Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Iron Maiden v. Opeth [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Iron Maiden v. Opeth

mad rhetorik
05-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Match 3, Metal Division: <b>Iron Maiden v. Opeth</b>

Polls close 5/6.

mad rhetorik
05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Looks like a tie is imminent between <b>Iron Maiden</b> and <b>Opeth</b>. Once again, if there is a tie I'll decide it through number/quality of responses in support of your favorite artist. I'll extend the deadline one more day, so get those responses in (one post per person).

mad rhetorik
05-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Guess no one's interested in this anymore. I admit, the forum's been overrun with polls for the past month or two and people are getting tired of it, so I will call an end to the Rave Recs Favorites Contest. All apologies.

newtrix1
05-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Guess no one's interested in this anymore. I admit, the forum's been overrun with polls for the past month or two and people are getting tired of it, so I will call an end to the Rave Recs Favorites Contest. All apologies.

Which is the case with some other matches too. Can't vote if I'm not familiar with the artists. Where do we stand with the voting? I know you had an initial and a final round in each category right? Maybe give it a short break and continue in the near future? I think the game's kinda fun, and can't see how it has a negative impact on the board. IMO some of the naysayers don't hardly post any new threads themselves, so why criticize those who do???

my .02

Slosh
05-08-2004, 01:50 PM
IMO some of the naysayers don't hardly post any new threads themselves, so why criticize those who do???

It's been so slow around here for such a long time now. Not just the format change either, the old board was slow for its last year or so too. Rocky Road is even deader, if that's possible.

I've started a couple of threads in the recent past that would have generated dozens of replies in 2001-2002, but now am lucky to get a couple dozen views. Remember offering up comps and getting too many requests? Doesn't happen anymore so I no longer bother to offer.

I don't know......I keep thinking things will pick up eventually but I find myself seldom even reading most posts nowadays, nevermind adding anything to a thread.

Tuesday rotation threads used to routinely get 1000+ hits. Now they're lucky to get 300.

Dusty Chalk
05-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Rocky Road is even deader, if that's possible.It's hard to tell: grass grow, paint dry? Grass grow? Paint dry?