Part 2 CRSv9 Poll [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Part 2 CRSv9 Poll

PPG
05-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Hopefully, I won't hit the wrong key this time

Ex Lion Tamer
05-04-2004, 08:35 AM
bummer that I can't vote for mine. If not me-who?

jc

Now which one is yours? On second thought, maybe I should wait until I get it before casting my vote? My money's on The Wrens.

Mark

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 08:36 AM
bummer that I can't vote for mine. If not me-who?

jc

tentoze
05-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Hopefully, I won't hit the wrong key this time
I went with the Twilight Babies on this part, even though the Julian Coryell is very good as well. Be curiouos to hear the contributors for both those cuts to talk some about the source albums a bit.

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Now which one is yours? On second thought, maybe I should wait until I get it before casting my vote? My money's on The Wrens.

Mark

Nah, no Wrens for me. For these things I tend to try my hardest to send in stuff that's going to be new to the audience and sooo many people have the Wrens CD. Not that it isn't a worthy song-it's awesome-but not really my M.O. for these discs.

jc

JDaniel
05-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Julian Coryell for me. That was my favorite track off of this entire project. I must have played that song 50 times.

Good idea with the polls Rick.

JD

Davey
05-05-2004, 02:05 PM
I voted for Pink Floyd....er, uhm, I mean Syd Barrett....no wait, what was the name of that one again? Oh yeah, make that RPGL, or something like that. I know, initially I didn't like it all that much and thought it was a tad bit too proggy, and honestly still do, but I can't deny that it's one of the best tunes on this very good collection. These guys could be a Pink Floyd cover band, eh? Or maybe they are. It's one of those drugged out Syd Barrett epic tunes, but they do a good job with it. I'm a little put off by the strains of ELP that creep in (and I do mean creep :)) toward the end, but I guess you gotta sometimes take the good with the bad when you go to Progland. Cool tune, Troy :)

Lots of runners up on this one, including the ones that I already have so didn't consider such as the Wrens and Electrelane and my own AAS.

Troy
05-05-2004, 02:36 PM
I voted for Pink Floyd....er, uhm, I mean Syd Barrett....no wait, what was the name of that one again? Oh yeah, make that RPGL, or something like that. I know, initially I didn't like it all that much and thought it was a tad bit too proggy, and honestly still do, but I can't deny that it's one of the best tunes on this very good collection. These guys could be a Pink Floyd cover band, eh? Or maybe they are. It's one of those drugged out Syd Barrett epic tunes, but they do a good job with it. I'm a little put off by the strains of ELP that creep in (and I do mean creep :)) toward the end, but I guess you gotta sometimes take the good with the bad when you go to Progland. Cool tune, Troy :)

Lots of runners up on this one, including the ones that I already have so didn't consider such as the Wrens and Electrelane and my own AAS.

Yeah, RPWL used to be a Floyd cover band. They've made 3 albums now.

That "ELP" sound you hear is actually a complete knock off of the synth sound in early Floyd's "Astronomy Domine".

The song does have a nice feel and hook, don't it? Certainly not a reinvention of the wheel, but pleasing none the less. The album's quite good if you like that song.