Not including your track, what other track on CRSv9 are you most impressed with? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Not including your track, what other track on CRSv9 are you most impressed with?

PPG
05-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Hey, we got polls...let's use'em. Part one of two

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 08:29 AM
tough choices but a vote I can live with. The Wrens were scratched immediately. While it's an incredible album and a great song, it's been with me too long. Lacking newness cuts it from the running in my book.

Electrelane offered up a great toon making this a two horse race for me. American Analog Set by a nose.

jc

tentoze
05-04-2004, 08:51 AM
tough choices but a vote I can live with. The Wrens were scratched immediately. While it's an incredible album and a great song, it's been with me too long. Lacking newness cuts it from the running in my book.

Electrelane offered up a great toon making this a two horse race for me. American Analog Set by a nose.

jc
I went with Amareican Analog Set as well, but any of those 1st 4 cuts were pretty strong for me. The last 3 went sideways on me.

jasn
05-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Luckily, I had this CD at work and just gave my top 3 a listen one more time. I went with American Analog Set too, mainly because I think the drumming is so tasty.

My second and third choices would be in the second half post, being The Twilight Babies and RPWL. It was a tough choice for any of these three.

Thanks JD, for the nice work.

Slosh
05-04-2004, 01:30 PM

jc

Jim, you have to keep in mind this volume started five months ago, and at the time I believe only Stone, Davey, and I had The Meadowlands. I didn't really send this song in as a CRS nomination - it just happened to be on a comp I sent JD anyway so...I was gonna send in something else but I figured more people than not would be hearing it for the first time. Wait, why am I explaining myself to you? :p

At this moment I think I'd go with Mae, but AAS, +/-, and the last three songs are really strong as well. Hmmm...

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Wait, why am I explaining myself to you? :p

dunno. Inherent need for my approval? Ha.

Wasn't a slam on the inclusion, or at least wasn't meant to be. Just that it seemed like an old friend surrounded by all the new stuff. I'm sure others will have a different reaction, as they should.

jc

JDaniel
05-04-2004, 02:40 PM
The last 3 went sideways on me.
Oh, I get it. You mean the last 3 in this 1st poll. I thought you meant Damien Rice, Twilight Babies and Julian Coryell. I was about to say "I thought I knew your musical tastes better than that."

I voted for the Wrens. Killer tune.

JD