Firmware updates for Technics DVD-A10? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Firmware updates for Technics DVD-A10?

Noonin
11-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Did they ever come up with any firmware updates for the DVD-A10 to make it compatible with CD-Rs? Is the unit compatible with any of the DVD+R or DVD-R formats? I would like to but a DVD burner for my computer, but I have no idea of compatiblilty with my unit. Seems like such a waste to build such a beautiful piece of hardware that shoud last for years without updating the software to keep up. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Jetsons
12-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Nope. I have the A10 and agree with you. It's a great machine with excellent build and reliability but it does have trouble with CD-Rs big time.

This link may be of help to you which covers ther different media that seem to work on the A10.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=technics+a-10&Submit=Search&Search=Search

Jet

Noonin
01-07-2004, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the link, Jet. I can get by with CD-RWs I suppose, but I'll have to burn an extra copy on CD-R for my player at work, which won't play CD-RWs. Yikes! From the link you gave, it looks like the A-10 will handle DVD+R/+RW. Had any luck there?
N