So Much Knowledge [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So Much Knowledge

LDL
05-03-2004, 06:03 PM
You guys are so well informed.You know more about my era of music than I do! Did you have "cool" moms and dads? Or did you have a older brother,that thought no one was listening,Like 3-LockBox did? I have enjoyed this site very much! Thanks

Davey
05-03-2004, 08:18 PM
You guys are so well informed.You know more about my era of music than I do!
Actually, most of us are just very immature and refuse to grow up. But if you wanna call that <i>well informed</i>, who am I to argue. Keep posting, and we'll keep pretending to know something!

;)

tentoze
05-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Actually, most of us are just very immature and refuse to grow up. But if you wanna call that well informed, who am I to argue. Keep posting, and we'll keep pretending to know something!

;)
Yeh- I'll pretend to know all about synths.............and prog- yeh, that's the ticket.

:p

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 05:21 AM
You guys are so well informed.You know more about my era of music than I do! Did you have "cool" moms and dads? Or did you have a older brother,that thought no one was listening,Like 3-LockBox did? I have enjoyed this site very much! Thanks

My parents? Cool? For real? Not a chance. How do you think I turned out so uncool?

jc

Stone
05-04-2004, 05:25 AM

Actually, I do credit my dad for introducing me to music. When I was 5 or 6, he reclaimed his 45s (mostly stuff from the 60s) from my grandma's house and I was hooked.

It's good to see new people around here, so join in and I hope you stick around.

dld
05-04-2004, 07:00 AM
Depends on how you define cool? Al Hirt, Boots Randolph, Herb Alpert? Not very by our music listening standards. But,

they never dissed Barry McGuire, The Beatles, Yardbirds, Kinks, Cream, Big Brudder and da Holdin Company, Hendrix, etc. My sister and I could own anything we could afford. I remember the night we all sat down together to watch the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. So I gotta call em pretty darn cool when it came down to letting us develop our own tastes.

Dave_G
05-04-2004, 08:00 AM
My parents were cool, I guess, somewhat.

I had 2 older sisters who were big time into music which might have pushed me to getting into this ridiculously obsessive hobby.

Some of us here know quite a bit, some of us know little, but we do help each other out and recommend stuff and sometimes even a comp or 2,000,000,000 are offered.

Dave

Hyfi
05-04-2004, 08:50 AM
I almost concused your moniker with DLD and wondered why you said what you did. I am the youngest of 5. My mom is real cool but dad is old fashioned and scared of everything. My older brothers broke the folks in with music, drugs, cars, motorcycles, ect. All I had to do was follow by not doing all the things they did to get into trouble.

My oldest bro was building Dynaco, Heathkit and Hafler stereos on the kitchen table from the time I could walk. There was always at least one stereo playing if not 3. I do like Big Band and Swing music but never could appreciate Frank Sinatra. My brothers introduced me to everything from Simon and Garfunkle to Zappa. Between that and hanging out here for a few years, my range of listening pleasures has greatly increased having been introduced to lots I would never have heard of. That being said, I am also aware of a lot of groups that I think suck, but thats only my narrow minded opinion.

Welcome! Stay and play.

Hyfi