Home Theater - Connections Panel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater - Connections Panel

Bala
05-03-2004, 11:35 AM
I began wiring for my home theater system and realized that I'll be having numerous outlet boxes for the connections that will be run behind the wall. 2 power outlets, one for the component cable to the projector, one for the satellite, 6 for speakers (3 zones 5.1 each) etc. Is there a panel of some kind for HTs that I can just plug in all the wires and then screw the panel into the wal cavity? This was I can just make one big hole in the wall for the pane and I can remove and add connections as and when I require to. lIt seems only logical there would be something but I can't seem to find any. Helllpppppp!

Regards

Swerd
05-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Parts Express is a good source for these items.

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=251

Look on the right side of the page and scroll down until you see items named:

Wall Plate Inserts
Insert Connectors
Outlet Plates
You may want to order their catalog because there are so many ways to do this. Good luck.

AVMASTER
05-03-2004, 02:05 PM
wall plates from Leviton, Channel Vision, OnQ, available as blank plates with inserts for whatever connection you need

Bala
05-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Well, framed out a opening of 18" x 18" using 2x4s. Bought a 3/4" thick oakpanel and cut it to size. Will be drilling holes for each connector and wwill be screwing it to the wall. Going to paint the panel to match the wall. It will be behind the rack anyway.

Thanks for the advice.