Where's the love for Lali Puna? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where's the love for Lali Puna?

Davey
05-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Surprised this new third CD from the German electro-pop outfit led by vocalist Valerie Trebeljahr and guitarist Markus Acher of The Notwist hasn't been making the rounds here yet. OK, it was only released a couple weeks ago, but still we're talking about <b>The Notwist!</b>

Hehehe, I haven't heard it yet either but they do seem to be getting some good press and it's high on my wishlist. Faking the Books. Anyone heard it yet? Or the old ones? Any other new and exciting raves? I mean, besides that killer Franz Ferdinand CD that everyone is raving about!!!!

Dusty Chalk
05-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Give me some time, I only just picked it up the other day! Yes, definitely recommended to anyone who liked Neon Golden, if one can imagine that sort of music with femme vox.

Davey
05-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Give me some time, I only just picked it up the other day!
Hehehe, I actually picked it up the other day myself and was just trying to be a little bit coy. It is a good album, but at the time of my post I hadn't had much chance to listen, except in the car. Tonight I brought it inside and have been listening a lot and am really loving it. Very nice album. Maybe a little more of the New Order type sound than on Neon Golden, but totally sublime, especially when the cello gets in the mix. Not as many standout songs, at least initially, as Neon Golden, but still solid all the way through. A real grower, I think. Maybe one of the year's best. Film at 11 :)

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 05:41 AM
sounds like something I would probably enjoy but till your post I'd never actually seen the name Lali Puna. It sounds made up to me but if you and Dustychalk both think it sounds like winner my success ratio ought to be improved by it.

Thanks for keeping me updated.

jc

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Now I can show it some luv'n. Checked online at BB and discovered my local outlet had copies on the shelf for 13.99. Took the plunge and just finished the first go around. I've got to disagree with Dustychalk on this. Fans of Notwist aren't automatically going to like this. This one is way more electro. At times almost synthpop and certainly more in common with the Postal Service than the Notwist. Basically imagine the Postal Service with languid female vocals. I think that sums it up fairly distinctly for me.

Speaking of Postal Service, I also saw that they were selling the DCFC album for 9.99 and I've never listened to it so what the heck, it's up next.

oh, btw, I love the rec guys, thanks a lot.

jc

Dusty Chalk
05-04-2004, 09:48 AM
DCFC? Dusty Chalk's Fecund Cousin?

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 10:16 AM
DCFC? Dusty Chalk's Fecund Cousin?

One in the same oldbie.

jc-wondering if I can get my designation to read "really cool guy".

Dusty Chalk
05-04-2004, 12:52 PM
jc-wondering if I can get my designation to read "really cool guy".If you give me your password, I'd be happy to do it for you. ;)

Stone
05-04-2004, 01:16 PM
One in the same oldbie.

jc-wondering if I can get my designation to read "really cool guy".

Every time I try to change mine I don't fill out the entire form, and I get one of those vBulletin messages telling me I didn't complete it. My complete lack of patience and unwillingness to provide (even fake) information prevents me from changing the designation (at least at this time).

I guess I'm fine with "AR Doofus" or whatever mine is now.

Jim Clark
05-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Every time I try to change mine I don't fill out the entire form, and I get one of those vBulletin messages telling me I didn't complete it. My complete lack of patience and unwillingness to provide (even fake) information prevents me from changing the designation (at least at this time).

I guess I'm fine with "AR Doofus" or whatever mine is now.

Until I saw old Dustychalk's and Davey's I didn't even realize it was an option. Looking through the control panel options I see where I can change it. Problem is that I can't think of anything really cool to put in there that will fit within the character limitations.

time to put the thinking cap on. Has anyone seen my thinking cap...

jc

Davey
05-05-2004, 10:02 AM
time to put the thinking cap on. Has anyone seen my thinking cap...
I think some of you kids could use more adult supervision when on the computer. Now run along and go play in someone else's thread :)

Lali Puna thread hijacking goofballs! Chris only recently enabled that custom user title in response to some rude protestations from someone that didn't want to be labeled as a forum addict and demanded he change that title. I happened to see that thread one day in the feedback forum recently while cruising the forums and so changed mine to keep up with the times.

But that's OK, anything that boosts the number of views on one of my threads, no matter how pathetic and off topic, is alright by me ;)

tentoze
05-05-2004, 10:46 AM
I think some of you kids could use more adult supervision when on the computer. Now run along and go play in someone else's thread :)

Lali Puna thread hijacking goofballs! Chris only recently enabled that custom user title in response to some rude protestations from someone that didn't want to be labeled as a forum addict and demanded he change that title. I happened to see that thread one day in the feedback forum recently while cruising the forums and so changed mine to keep up with the times.

But that's OK, anything that boosts the number of views on one of my threads, no matter how pathetic and off topic, is alright by me ;)
I don't really have anything to add or subtract from this thread hijacking; just wanted to post something to see if the change in user title worked. :p

Dave_G
05-05-2004, 11:26 AM
What on earth are ya'll talkin 'bout here?

One interesting thread for sure.

You guys consistently list more bands that I have never heard of than anyone else at this place.

Dave

Dusty Chalk
05-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Can I just add, that this might well be the worst album cover of all time:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001BPRDI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
I don't really have anything to add or subtract from this thread hijacking; just wanted to post something to see if the change in user title worked. :pAfter that little SNAFU in that other thread, it should be "Threadmangler".

Jim Clark
05-05-2004, 02:04 PM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001BPRDI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpgAfter that little SNAFU in that other thread, it should be "Threadmangler".

'tis an ugly cover but I don't think it was all that cheap. Some of the graduated black bars are smooth and shiny. Not that this is any big deal but if they were going for cheap, which it looks like might have been a thought for a while, it doesn't make much sense.

Good toons-this is an awesome album.
http://www.lalipuna.de/flash/index.html the site isn't all that great but there is a video clip for micronomic. Of course there's always plenty more samples on the label's page: http://www.morrmusic.com

jc

tentoze
05-05-2004, 02:20 PM

After that little SNAFU in that other thread, it should be "Threadmangler".
Hey, it was this cheesy-a$$ forum software. I swear. I was NOT hammered at the time. I don't think I was.

:p