You know what really tick me off? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You know what really tick me off?

karl k
05-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Traffic cops!

Your driving down a busy road and you come upon a cop that has pulled over someone for something. And where is the cop car? Taking up atleast 1 lane, maybe two! What's up with that! They got radios! They got pa speakers! Is it too much to ask that they use them and tell the driver to pull up to the nearest parking lot? There's no increased risk to the cop and the road might be a little safer!

Come on guy's, think it through!

JSE
05-03-2004, 06:53 AM
Traffic cops!

Your driving down a busy road and you come upon a cop that has pulled over someone for something. And where is the cop car? Taking up atleast 1 lane, maybe two! What's up with that! They got radios! They got pa speakers! Is it too much to ask that they use them and tell the driver to pull up to the nearest parking lot? There's no increased risk to the cop and the road might be a little safer!

Come on guy's, think it through!

I hate when they purposely go just under the speed limit in front of a ton of traffic. No one is going to pass them and they know it. I think it's a game they play. To make it worse, one person will say the hell with it and go past them and speed off in front of them at about 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit. Does the cop stop them? Hell no! Does anyone else want to try it? Hell no! As soon as I go past the Cop, I'll get pulled over. That's how it works! It an evil evil game. :mad:

JSE

karl k
05-03-2004, 03:34 PM
I hate when they purposely go just under the speed limit in front of a ton of traffic. No one is going to pass them and they know it. I think it's a game they play. To make it worse, one person will say the hell with it and go past them and speed off in front of them at about 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit. Does the cop stop them? Hell no! Does anyone else want to try it? Hell no! As soon as I go past the Cop, I'll get pulled over. That's how it works! It an evil evil game. :mad:

JSE
I don't care who they are(except funerals) if they are slow, they get passed. Just have to be sure to do it legally with the cops in front or behind you. I've never had one speed up in the middle of passing though. That would be interesting to experience!

Wait til you get pulled over for doing the speed limit and he warns you against obstructing traffic by doing so! That will really set you off!

jeskibuff
05-03-2004, 03:53 PM
I hate when they purposely go just under the speed limit in front of a ton of traffic. No one is going to pass them and they know it. I think it's a game they play. To make it worse, one person will say the hell with it and go past them and speed off in front of them at about 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit. Does the cop stop them? Hell no! Does anyone else want to try it? Hell no! As soon as I go past the Cop, I'll get pulled over. That's how it works! It an evil evil game. :mad: It's a money game, is what it is.

The whole speed limit game is just a nice way for the government to rake in easy money and a TON of it! It has nothing to do with traffic safety. If they were really interested in saving lives, they'd be monitoring those areas that are accident-prone, nabbing people for running red lights and stop signs. Apparently, those offenses are a bit harder to collect revenue with.

JSE, I was running in heavy traffic one Friday night on I-4 in Orlando. It's normally a VERY busy road, but the cars were dangerously closely packed together. I was in the left lane and saw the problem about 3 cars ahead of me: a trooper running the speed limit in the center lane. Once cars ahead of me exited and cleared the left lane, that put me at the front of the pack in the left lane. The only problem was, my exit was coming up in about a mile and I needed to get into the right lane.

So what are my options?
I try to wedge my way inbetween the cars, hoping to be able to change lanes in time to hit my exit. A very dangerous move, especially since people are already irritated at the slow moving cop. Ever try to change lanes when someone else doesn't want to let you ahead of them? YEP! I go ridiculously slow, hoping that SOMEONE will open a gap large enough for me to change lanes, TWICE! I miss my exit altogether and hope I can make the next one, or I pull in front of the trooper, where there is PLENTY of open road available to make a safe lane change, because this idiot is causing a rolling roadblock.

I chose option #4, ever so careful to only exceed the speed limit by just a couple miles an hour.

What happens?

The idiot turns on his lights and pulls me over. He didn't give me a ticket, but said he just had to pull me over so that other people could see that he was properly enforcing the law. :rolleyes:

Why are some cops so stupid? The idiot was clearly making life more hazardous than safe! Don't they have any clue the kinds of problems they cause? Yeah, we were running the speed limit, but all it would take is for ONE driver to make a mistake or a daring manuever to change lanes, and there'd be an accident.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that I have major gripes with the idiots in traffic law enforcement! :mad:

jeskibuff
05-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Your driving down a busy road and you come upon a cop that has pulled over someone for something. And where is the cop car? Taking up atleast 1 lane, maybe two! What's up with that! Here's a story for you, Karl.

I was driving down a particularly curvy road at night in Winter Park, FL. For those who wonder, it's Osceola, a stretch of road between Aloma and Fairbanks. I come across a Winter Park policeman who has someone pulled over, and HIS vehicle is sticking out into the road.

I was furious!

I went straight to the Winter Park police department, where there was only a room with nobody in it, but a buzzer to be used for summoning help.

I was jamming that buzzer and trying to make as much noise as I could until someone came.

When an officer finally showed up, I lit into him, describing the dangerous situation that his fellow idiot officer was causing on Osceola Avenue. I assumed (and probably correctly) that the driver had been pulled over for speeding. The odds were in my favor, because so many other flagrant violations go unpunished.

The officer was cordial, despite my angry demeanor. He actually took me in to a back office where I challenged him to show me the records of accidents. We pulled out files at random, and we NEVER found one that could be attributed to speed as the cause of the accident. They were always stupid bozo moves, such as running traffic signals, improper lane changes, etc. Of course you COULD blame speed for the accident, because you DO need motion to cause two things to collide, don't you?

Anyway, he dealt with my anger nicely, and I was allowed to let off some steam about the incident. Whether or not he learned anything, who knows? At least he heard from ONE citizen who wasn't happy with the law enforcement, and that's what matters most. Many times, they'll use the excuse that "they get calls from citizens complaining about people breaking the speed limits". Maybe they just need more calls from people who think there's more important things for law enforcement to focus on.

karl k
05-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Here's a story for you, Karl.

I was driving down a particularly curvy road at night in Winter Park, FL. For those who wonder, it's Osceola, a stretch of road between Aloma and Fairbanks. I come across a Winter Park policeman who has someone pulled over, and HIS vehicle is sticking out into the road.

I was furious!

I went straight to the Winter Park police department, where there was only a room with nobody in it, but a buzzer to be used for summoning help.

I was jamming that buzzer and trying to make as much noise as I could until someone came.

When an officer finally showed up, I lit into him, describing the dangerous situation that his fellow idiot officer was causing on Osceola Avenue. I assumed (and probably correctly) that the driver had been pulled over for speeding. The odds were in my favor, because so many other flagrant violations go unpunished.

The officer was cordial, despite my angry demeanor. He actually took me in to a back office where I challenged him to show me the records of accidents. We pulled out files at random, and we NEVER found one that could be attributed to speed as the cause of the accident. They were always stupid bozo moves, such as running traffic signals, improper lane changes, etc. Of course you COULD blame speed for the accident, because you DO need motion to cause two things to collide, don't you?

Anyway, he dealt with my anger nicely, and I was allowed to let off some steam about the incident. Whether or not he learned anything, who knows? At least he heard from ONE citizen who wasn't happy with the law enforcement, and that's what matters most. Many times, they'll use the excuse that "they get calls from citizens complaining about people breaking the speed limits". Maybe they just need more calls from people who think there's more important things for law enforcement to focus on.
Here's one for the books...

Yrs ago my buddy and I, in his car, were cruising along and came upon a cop with another car stopped on a busy 4 lane city street. It's 5pm and we're in the mood so my buddy decides to have a little fun. In his '71 Dodge Charger, he had a CB radio and a pa speaker hooked up. After some thought, he got on the horn and said the following...

Could we please hurry it up... I got things to do today!

BWWWAAAAHHHHAAAA!!!

We were rollin'! That was until... well, needless to say, we weren't in as much of a hurry as we implied after all! :D He went over us and the car with a fine toothed comb and after it was all said and done, he couldn't come up with anything to write us for so with a speech about how unsafe we could have been, he let us go and he did the same! Man, I can only imagine the thoughts going through his head and the others that were in a hurry also!

Ahh, to be young again!