Has anyone upgraded DV-563a firmware? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone upgraded DV-563a firmware?

Arch
05-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Since a week ago I've learned that Pioneer has finally offered a firmware fix in order to fix the DV-563a's issues with newer dvd-a discs.

Has anyone had the upgrade done?

I own the unit myself and am wondering if now is the time to send in my player.

uncooked
05-03-2004, 03:10 PM
what was wrong exactly? i never heard about it. i was thinking about buying one of thoughs soon. i better hold off for a bit and wait for it to pass and make sure i get a good one. +

N. Abstentia
05-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Better yet, wait for the 5 disc Toshiba that also supports SACD and WMA!

Arch
05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
For the full story: http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=10659686

The condense version: The DV-563a has problems with certain new DVD-A releases, unable to play the high-rez content of the affected discs. It has something to do with incompatibility with the latest DVD-A authoring softwares being used to master the latest titles.

From what I heard over at AA, a fix is in, but it needs to be done in a Pioneer service centre. It seems that the unit is equipped with a ROM chip that needs to be replaced before the firmware can be upgraded. So far, from what I heard, the fix did indeed work okay.

As for anyone who is thinking of buying this unit, it's really a hard decision right now. I would wait a little longer, until I can find a unit that is manufactured after April 2004 (you can see the manufactured date of the unit on the serial number sticker on the box.) - after the issued has been discovered.