DVD-Audio/SACD/DVD 5 disc changer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVD-Audio/SACD/DVD 5 disc changer

N. Abstentia
04-30-2004, 09:31 PM
I see someone is finally coming out with a changer that handles both DVD-Audio and SACD! It's a Toshiba player which also supports MP3 and WMA. Sounds good, and I've been on the fence about DVD-A and SACD, and I was just about to put the smack down on DVD-Audio when I saw this hybrid player. I'll wait to check it out before buying a player!

paul_pci
04-30-2004, 11:44 PM
I see someone is finally coming out with a changer that handles both DVD-Audio and SACD! It's a Toshiba player which also supports MP3 and WMA. Sounds good, and I've been on the fence about DVD-A and SACD, and I was just about to put the smack down on DVD-Audio when I saw this hybrid player. I'll wait to check it out before buying a player!

Sure you don't want to be our guinea pig? I'm sure everybody would appreciate the gesture.

N. Abstentia
05-01-2004, 06:44 AM
Oh yeah, I'll buy one the day it comes out. Anybody know WHEN it comes out??

poneal
05-01-2004, 08:57 AM
I too am waiting on prices to fall. I will say that if DVD-A/SACD has a noticable difference over Dolby Digital/DTS then bring it on. I just recently purchased the Eagles: Hell Freezes Over mixed in DTS 6.1 and I was floored. The sound is just exceptional and to be honest it makes me want more. It was like being at the concert and the surround sounded fantastic.

DPLII was a disappointment to me. Ya, it was OK but this DTS stuff rocks. To bad there are not many to choose from. I've also read that Roy Orbison (who is deceased now) has a fantastic recording in DTS also. That's next on my list.

N. Abstentia
05-01-2004, 09:01 AM
If you want a good DTS CD, get the one out by the Police..kind of a greatest hits package called Singles..something or other..but it's just fantastic.

I'm not going to wait for the prices to fall too much more. The price I saw on the Toshiba player was $179, and that's not bad for a 5 disc player that handles DVD, DVD-Audio, SACD, MP3, and WMA. Plus it's progressive scan DVD to boot!

poneal
05-01-2004, 09:33 AM
That's a really good price. I did not realize that prices were that low. My wife likes The Police, so I may just get her that DVD for mother's day. I just noticed that you said DTS CD. It's not on DVD as a concert?

N. Abstentia
05-01-2004, 03:26 PM
No it's a DTS CD, I thought that was what you were talking about with The Eagles..I forgot it came out on DVD Video as well as DTS CD. But the Eagles DVD is amazing.

Here is the Police DTS CD I was talking about:
http://www.dtsentertainment.com/sellsheet-md.php?upc=710215105321

It may be out of print..I didn't find it at DVD Planet or Ebay..might take some digging. I think it's also available on SACD though.