Who Has an SPL Calibrated System? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who Has an SPL Calibrated System?

magictooth
04-30-2004, 03:26 PM
I'd like to take a poll of who has an SPL calibrated system. If you do, would it be something that you would recommend to other home theatre enthusiasts?

I have calibrated my system with the AVIA disc and an SPL meter. I would recommend for anybody who is serious about HT to do the same.

Slosh
04-30-2004, 03:41 PM
I don't get some people. I mean, they spend literally thousands of dollars on their gear (not to mention all of the money on discs) and don't calibrate it??? Stupid. Not calibrating your video display is equally as dumb.

I even calibrated my stereo-only system in my home office to offset room acoustics (even a channel imbalance difference of one or two dBs makes a difference I can appreciate). Why not get all of your money's worth out of your system? Make adjustments for preference after calibration if you feel it necessary.

poneal
04-30-2004, 07:24 PM
I feel properly calibrating my system with the trusty old radio shack SPL meter and the AVIA DVD has increased my listening and moving watching experience. Plus its down right fun to mess around with this stuff. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I haven't taken a survey on how many use this useful tool but I bet its only about the top 10% of people on earth. I highly recommend it to all.

depressed
04-30-2004, 11:51 PM
This is a good topic.I just recently bought my home theater system, and honestly, I didn't even know about the difference proper calibration can make. I visited a couple of audio sites, talked to salesmen in the high-end stores and realized that it can make a difference. Unfortunately, my wallet can't please my ears, so I bought a "cheap" HTIB. Now I have two questions:
1. Would buying the SPL meter and calibration make sense for a cheap HTIB? 2.Is the YPAO from Yamaha the same thing?

Thanks!

Jim Clark
05-01-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm with bruther Slosh. Anyone who spends the time reading these boards and who considers this a hobby is spinning wheels without a simple meter and test disc.

On a slightly different matter-the poll is flawed. If you can only vote once (right?) you can't poll that your system is calibrated AND recomend it as essential. This will lead to skewed results.

jc

bikehikefish
05-01-2004, 06:55 AM
depressed - yes definitely calibrate your HTIB with an SPL meter

YPAO does this and more. In addition to setting the level and delay for each speaker, it equalizes each speaker; i.e. flattens the curve. This may or may not be to your likeing. Since it changes the the relative volumes for different frequencies, it may change the way your speakers sound. I saw a review recently where the writer complained the highs were too "forward" after using YPAO.

I haven't heard a system with YPAO, but it sounds like a great idea.

AZHT
05-01-2004, 10:49 AM
You can vote for more than one choice on the poll.

depressed
05-01-2004, 02:09 PM
depressed - yes definitely calibrate your HTIB with an SPL meter

YPAO does this and more. In addition to setting the level and delay for each speaker, it equalizes each speaker; i.e. flattens the curve. This may or may not be to your likeing. Since it changes the the relative volumes for different frequencies, it may change the way your speakers sound. I saw a review recently where the writer complained the highs were too "forward" after using YPAO.

I haven't heard a system with YPAO, but it sounds like a great idea.

Thanks! I had my doubts about calibrating my "cheap" HTIB. After re-reviewing my speaker's and receviers specs and comparing it to others, I found out that my system is pretty good, especially the receiver (HTR-5640) I found a detailed calibration guide on the net. Trying to save some money so I would appreciate if you could tell me if this would be sufficient: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25423&item=3813089116&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

agtpunx40
05-01-2004, 05:40 PM
I got the analoge radio shack spl meter for like 30 or 35 buck.

JSE
05-01-2004, 07:54 PM
I got the analoge radio shack spl meter for like 30 or 35 buck.

Only a FREAKIN IDIOT LOSER would not calibrate his system! :D

JSE

kelsci
05-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Only a FREAKIN IDIOT LOSER would not calibrate his system! :D

JSE

Well JSE, I must be a FREAKIN IDIOT LOSER. I did not want to get into this since I think it is up to the individual to choose his or her method of calibration. I did calibrate with what I consider the PAIN IN THE ASS RS analogue meter and I did not like the results against my own method of calibration. The question I place here is WHAT IS A TRUE BALANCED SYSTEM.

I noted over the years of reading reports on the testing of stereo receivers, int. amps. and separates that there was almost always a slight difference in output between two channels tested mainly because even though the parts used to make each channel were identicical in label, certain parts can vary in their measurements. In those test reports, I might see one channel measured at 100.4 watts and another at 100.8 watts. At that point of testing the volume control offers 0 resistance(the volume control is fully clockwise). But volume controls have a habit of not containing a consistant differential as resistance is added meaning turning the volume down. So for example, at 75% down on the volume, your watts could possibly read 25.1 and 25.2. Sounds like it should be balanced. Nope! It would only be balanced if the channels kept a .4 difference in watts through the entire spectrum of lowering the volume control. You would need a test tone and vtvm meter to make sure that occurred. You would also need the elmination of the balance control. In its place should either be concentric twin volume controls that are round which use to be found on units from Lafayette Electronics years ago or slider volume controls for each channel that used to be found on older Radio Shack equipment. It would be better still to have a circuit that would tell you when your electrical balance was maintained. Go into any high end store and where they have separates with a power amp with a meter display and volume controls on the channels, I think you would find that the only time the power amp delivered proper sound was only when the volume controls were fully clockwise(opened). Deviate from that and you find on different settings that you think are balanced that the sound from the power amp becomes raunchy. When I calibrate my receiver, I do something "close" to what I have described here. It is my feeling at that point that the unit begins to sound more like something one hears in a theater. KELSCI

poneal
05-02-2004, 01:59 AM
I agree that JSE's comment was not well thought out, but you seem to agree on the basic premise that calibrating a system is important. I know musicians that calibrate by ear, I know professional installers that use a multitude of testing equipment to calibrate their systems, I know people that don't even bother calibrating their system, but I think we all agree that calibrating a system can improve the sound quality of a system.

kelsci
05-02-2004, 08:43 AM
I agree that JSE's comment was not well thought out, but you seem to agree on the basic premise that calibrating a system is important. I know musicians that calibrate by ear, I know professional installers that use a multitude of testing equipment to calibrate their systems, I know people that don't even bother calibrating their system, but I think we all agree that calibrating a system can improve the sound quality of a system.

Poneal; absolutely it is necessary to perform some kind of calibration of ones system. I happen to have my own calibration method which really is done by ear. This allows me to use my receiver at other points certain on the volume control setting. I have seem to find that at least in two instances. I will write about the Sherwood which has D.D. 5.1. The Sherwood maxes out on the settings I determined at 76 out of 80. I can still maintain the same surround field at 68, 60 and 52. Note there is a difference of 8. When I had tried the RS meter at the 75 db set-up, if I went down from any setting deviating from 75 db, I could not maintain a balanced soundfield at any other number. When I set up my system, I leave the left-right mains at 0. I leave the surrounds disconnected and begin to increase and/or decrease the center channel until I feel that an excellent three channel image has been attained and that the dialogue sounds clear. Then I adjust the surround speakers from those settings to a setting that satisfies my interpretation of a surround field.I then adjust the master volume up and down to a setting I feel maintains the whole surround-stereo field. AT this time, I do not know just how good the YPAO and MCACC systems are and as such I cannot comment on them. They may be great and they may be "fools gold" too. I would really like to calibrate the left and right speakers(sm or lg) to the correct voltage difference I described in my previous post. I feel however, that I am fairly close in doing this with my calibration method. That in turn makes the sound more movie "theaterish" in my home theater system IMHO. I also always do one other thing. During the calibration phase of the center and surrounds, I always go from minus to plus on the individual volume adjustments. Not doing so IMHO will give you a phase anomaly. I have an idea why this occurs but that is another story maybe for another time. So I am a home theather "radical". what can I say..... KELSCI

JSE
05-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Well JSE, I must be a FREAKIN IDIOT LOSER. I did not want to get into this since I think it is up to the individual to choose his or her method of calibration. I did calibrate with what I consider the PAIN IN THE ASS RS analogue meter and I did not like the results against my own method of calibration. The question I place here is WHAT IS A TRUE BALANCED SYSTEM.

I noted over the years of reading reports on the testing of stereo receivers, int. amps. and separates that there was almost always a slight difference in output between two channels tested mainly because even though the parts used to make each channel were identicical in label, certain parts can vary in their measurements. In those test reports, I might see one channel measured at 100.4 watts and another at 100.8 watts. At that point of testing the volume control offers 0 resistance(the volume control is fully clockwise). But volume controls have a habit of not containing a consistant differential as resistance is added meaning turning the volume down. So for example, at 75% down on the volume, your watts could possibly read 25.1 and 25.2. Sounds like it should be balanced. Nope! It would only be balanced if the channels kept a .4 difference in watts through the entire spectrum of lowering the volume control. You would need a test tone and vtvm meter to make sure that occurred. You would also need the elmination of the balance control. In its place should either be concentric twin volume controls that are round which use to be found on units from Lafayette Electronics years ago or slider volume controls for each channel that used to be found on older Radio Shack equipment. It would be better still to have a circuit that would tell you when your electrical balance was maintained. Go into any high end store and where they have separates with a power amp with a meter display and volume controls on the channels, I think you would find that the only time the power amp delivered proper sound was only when the volume controls were fully clockwise(opened). Deviate from that and you find on different settings that you think are balanced that the sound from the power amp becomes raunchy. When I calibrate my receiver, I do something "close" to what I have described here. It is my feeling at that point that the unit begins to sound more like something one hears in a theater. KELSCI

Hey Kelsci,

I was being a little sarcastic. I don't really think that. I was just giving a little jab to some folks. Definitely not you. Truth be told, as long as someone's happy with their system, that's all that counts.

Have a great one! :D

JSE

kelsci
05-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey Kelsci,

I was being a little sarcastic. I don't really think that. I was just giving a little jab to some folks. Definitely not you. Truth be told, as long as someone's happy with their system, that's all that counts.

Have a great one! :D

JSE

JSE; Eh... What's a little sarcasm once in a while. I am satisfied with my methods of calibration. I wish I had volume controls that were concentric or sliders as mentioned in my post. I will not ever give bulldinky to my fellow compatriots on this board. Things that I have run across have come from experimentation that I have performed over many years.
JSE; have a great one too. Kelsci.

Grandpaw
05-03-2004, 04:35 AM
At this time there have been 199 views of this post and 34 votes placed. Two of these are mine because I checked yes I calibrated and yes I would recommend calibration. If it is that much of an undertaking just to click a vote is it any wonder many people will not go through the effort to get a meter and disc so they can calibrate their system?

I do realize some people just don't participate in polls and that some do not have the opportunity to vote do to the fact they may not be a member, and I do realize there are other reasons also, but I still think this might give a small hint as to why some folks haven't taken the time to calibrate their systems and find out if it makes a difference for themselves. :rolleyes:

3db
05-03-2004, 05:29 AM
I have a RS SPL meter (digital) but I do not have the Avia test dvd . I have been using the THX optimizer on DVDs such as Finding Nemo etc.. to calibrate my system. Does this still count as being calibrated?

JSE
05-03-2004, 06:17 AM
JSE; Eh... What's a little sarcasm once in a while. I am satisfied with my methods of calibration. I wish I had volume controls that were concentric or sliders as mentioned in my post. I will not ever give bulldinky to my fellow compatriots on this board. Things that I have run across have come from experimentation that I have performed over many years.
JSE; have a great one too. Kelsci.

Hey Kelsci,

You mentioned the YPAO. I previously calibrated my older system with an SPL meter and I think I did a pretty good job. About 5 months ago I bought the Yamaha RX-V1400 with the YPAO. I have since calibrated my system with both methods and I really cannot tell the difference. Granted it's impossible for me to do DBT on this but both methods seem to have produced similiar results. With YPAO, I made a couple of very minor tweaks to the auto settings and the system sounds awesome. The YPAO kept setting my mains to large and I liked the small setting better. In fairness, my mains are large Boston VR965s. However, they have builts in subs which are run seperately through the LFE which basically would leave a "small" speaker to be used as mains. Hope that makes sense? This seems to have tricked the YPAO a bit. The sound is good with the mains set at large, but the small setting is just better. One nice thing about YPAO is that it took about 15 minutes start to finish to calibrate my system. Not bad? I have been tempted to sell my SPL meter but I will likely keep it for possible future use. You never know.

Anyway, just thought I would relay my experiences with YPAO.

JSE

wasch_24
05-03-2004, 07:54 AM
I don't own an SPL meter but I do own the Yamaha RX-V1400 and have run the YPAO function. If that counts for calibration then let me know, I wasn't sure so I haven't voted yet. BTW my sytem was very dissapointing before running the YPAO.

JSE, As you know I too have the VR-965's connected to the 1400. Off the top of your head, can you remeber what position you have the knob in for the powered woofers? I have mine at about the Nine-o'clock position, which I guess is about 1/4 of the way up. The reason is that the YPAO on the 1400 kept saying the sub level was too loud and it says the sub is about four or five feet further from the mains, which is obviusly impossible since they are in the same cabinet. It sounds good, I just want to see if you are getting similar results.

kpzbee
05-03-2004, 08:31 AM
I to have the YPAO feature on my RX-V750. It does make a big difference than when I took it out of the box. I changed rear surround speakers over the weekend & ran the YPAO several times, with slightly different mic placments & what the mic was setting on. It makes a difference if the mic is on something hard, (table) vs something soft (couch cushion). It altered my sub setting the most. Not only is it the level but there is more to it than I can describe. At the same db & volume level, the speaker or sub can be louder or softer. I'm going to keep playing with it until I can understand it better. I am really happy with this purchase. It has a great sound for HT which I use the most.

filecat13
05-03-2004, 09:01 AM
I have a RS SPL meter (digital) but I do not have the Avia test dvd . I have been using the THX optimizer on DVDs such as Finding Nemo etc.. to calibrate my system. Does this still count as being calibrated?

Good question, and here's a partial answer, based on my 7.1 set up.

I have both the RS analog SPL meter and a dual display, RT digital spectrum comparator/analyzer. Initially, I used the test tones from my Fosgate Audionics FAP T1 and the RS meter to calibrate the system, and things improved significantly.

When I got the DVE (Digital Video Essentials) disc, I used both the SPL meter and the comparator/analyzer to redial the system. I changed a couple of settings by +1db.

When I noticed the THX calibration on Nemo, I again pulled out the SPL meter to do a quick check. For this I used THX specs (higher reference db) for calibration, and I changed the one setting by -1db.

I also checked the video signal and made some moderate changes from DVE, and the picutre looked better IMO.

So, yes, I think you can use the THX optimizer set up to do a useful calibration.

kelsci
05-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Hey Kelsci,

You mentioned the YPAO. I previously calibrated my older system with an SPL meter and I think I did a pretty good job. About 5 months ago I bought the Yamaha RX-V1400 with the YPAO. I have since calibrated my system with both methods and I really cannot tell the difference. Granted it's impossible for me to do DBT on this but both methods seem to have produced similiar results. With YPAO, I made a couple of very minor tweaks to the auto settings and the system sounds awesome. The YPAO kept setting my mains to large and I liked the small setting better. In fairness, my mains are large Boston VR965s. However, they have builts in subs which are run seperately through the LFE which basically would leave a "small" speaker to be used as mains. Hope that makes sense? This seems to have tricked the YPAO a bit. The sound is good with the mains set at large, but the small setting is just better. One nice thing about YPAO is that it took about 15 minutes start to finish to calibrate my system. Not bad? I have been tempted to sell my SPL meter but I will likely keep it for possible future use. You never know.

Anyway, just thought I would relay my experiences with YPAO.

JSE

JSE; Thank you for relaying your experience with the YPAO. It is very possible that YPAO is capable of detecting my findings on my own experiments and compensating for this voltage variance in its programming. Perhaps that is one of the reasons it is working so well for many. I would be a fool to say that programs such as YPAO, MCACC or any other similar type of set-up program of good quality should not be part of a receiver's make-up. I think eventurally, all units made will include some form of YPAO or the like. It is damm sure much more convenient to use than the RS meter. In fact, it is most likely a chip with a very explicit set of instructions and therefore it in itself is a computer. I expect these new programs to even improve over time. Kelsci.

Keith from Canada
05-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Anyone who knows anything about HT will have the audio and video portion of their system calibrated.

JSE
05-03-2004, 11:52 AM
JSE; Thank you for relaying your experience with the YPAO. It is very possible that YPAO is capable of detecting my findings on my own experiments and compensating for this voltage variance in its programming. Perhaps that is one of the reasons it is working so well for many. I would be a fool to say that programs such as YPAO, MCACC or any other similar type of set-up program of good quality should not be part of a receiver's make-up. I think eventurally, all units made will include some form of YPAO or the like. It is damm sure much more convenient to use than the RS meter. In fact, it is most likely a chip with a very explicit set of instructions and therefore it in itself is a computer. I expect these new programs to even improve over time. Kelsci.

I bet it does get better as the technology matures in terms of auto calibration. To me, any receiver coming out over $500 to $600 , should have some sort of auto calibration. Even in it's current form, it provides better sound for anyone who uses it. I can't think of any downsides for the average consumer.

Anyway, have a good one.

JSE

JSE
05-03-2004, 11:52 AM
I don't own an SPL meter but I do own the Yamaha RX-V1400 and have run the YPAO function. If that counts for calibration then let me know, I wasn't sure so I haven't voted yet. BTW my sytem was very dissapointing before running the YPAO.

JSE, As you know I too have the VR-965's connected to the 1400. Off the top of your head, can you remeber what position you have the knob in for the powered woofers? I have mine at about the Nine-o'clock position, which I guess is about 1/4 of the way up. The reason is that the YPAO on the 1400 kept saying the sub level was too loud and it says the sub is about four or five feet further from the mains, which is obviusly impossible since they are in the same cabinet. It sounds good, I just want to see if you are getting similar results.

Yep, I had pretty much the same issue with the subs. The only thing I can think of is that the subs are side and the sound is coming at the mic from two different directions. Maybe this causes the receiver to think they are farther apart than they are?

Bye the way, I also have my sub control knob at about 9 O'clock. Anything more than that and the bass become way to much. Even a slight turn of the knob drastically changes things.

Did your YPAO set the mains to large. Mine did but I definitely prefer the small setting. The large setting is not bad, the small setting is just even better.

JSE

Woochifer
05-03-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm with the others, I don't see how anyone can make a multithousand dollar investment in a HT system and then just go with the factory default settings or try setting the levels by ear alone.

Before I got my SPL meter and test disc, I was constantly tweaking with the settings. Once I got the SPL meter and test disc, I just set it and forget it. The ears alone cannot detect the magnitude of the adjustments that need to be made for five or seven speakers. In addition, whenever furniture gets moved around the room, the settings change, but again not on order of magnitude where it's easy to shift the settings by ear. Basically, you know something's out of balance when you hear it, and using the SPL meter simply means that you can quickly and accurately make the changes, so you can enjoy your system rather than spend a lot of time trying to figure out what's wrong and how to remedy it.

I also have my speakers aligned to the ITU reference placement which specifies 30 degrees off-center for the mains and 110 degrees off-center for the surrounds, and that too was a case where I was changing things up constantly, yet once I put them into that reference alignment, it sounded right and I haven't had to change it since then.

As far as the YPAO is concerned, I've read that the auto calibration will give you erroneous readings if your room has a lot of ambient noise. I think in that case, depending on the type of test tone used, it still might be better to manually calibrate using a SPL meter and test disc because the tone generators on receivers typically use wideband test tones (don't know the type of tone that the YPAO uses), which are more prone to erroneous readings than the narrow band tones used on the Avia, DVE, and S&V discs. However, the parametric equalization function on the YPAO is something that cannot be duplicated by any external processor, and IMO that's really the area where calibration functions like the YPAO make a huge difference.

landfill
05-04-2004, 07:05 AM
After reading many of these posts, I decided that I should calibrate my system. So off to radioshack.com to order an analogue SPL meter. But, they were sold out... Oh well, no problem, I'll search the nearby Radioshack locations for one. After all, I live in Manhattan and there are five of them within walking distance. Nope, sorry... all five are sold out... Anyone have an idea where I could pick one of these things up? Preferably under $40. And what's this Avia DVD I keep hearing about?

wasch_24
05-04-2004, 07:06 AM
That just goes to show different strokes for different folks. The YPAO did pick them up as large as well. I have the LFE output to 'Both'. Maybe that is why I prefer the large setting. Set up as both I was still getting LFE from the woofers with the LFE input disconnected. I think the internal crossover was changing the frequency range being used from the L and R main outs on the receiver. It seems to compliment the LFE output from the receiver. Also, I recently built a built-in entertainment center and created a sort of sealed box around the mains and it really improved the LFE from these speakers. If I ever get around to it I will post some pics.

JSE
05-04-2004, 07:21 AM
After reading many of these posts, I decided that I should calibrate my system. So off to radioshack.com to order an analogue SPL meter. But, they were sold out... Oh well, no problem, I'll search the nearby Radioshack locations for one. After all, I live in Manhattan and there are five of them within walking distance. Nope, sorry... all five are sold out... Anyone have an idea where I could pick one of these things up? Preferably under $40. And what's this Avia DVD I keep hearing about?

Might check Ebay. They seem to show up there fairly often. They are kind of hit and miss with being in stock since the new analog model came out a few months back. The local store by my house always seems to have them but I have not checked lately.

The Avia DVD can be found at Amazon.com if you want to go the internet route. Some audio stores have them as well.

JSE

wasch_24
05-04-2004, 07:34 AM
I also have the LFE set to both but I still prefer the small setting. In contrast to your set up, there is alot of open air to the side of my mains and I have them about 2 1/2 to 3 feet out from the back walls. The large setting tends to muddy up the bass a little in my room.

Pretty cool how basically indentical set ups can behave so differently in different rooms. Post some picks of your custom cabinet when you get the chance. Always cool to see other people's custom woodwork.

JSE
I wouldn't go as far as calling it custom woodwork. It's all 5/8" MDF and 2X4's. But it does look like it is part of the wall. I have a six month old at home so getting time on the computer is pretty rare at home but I will try and post soon. Do I just use the upload/post photos button?

JSE
05-04-2004, 07:35 AM
That just goes to show different strokes for different folks. The YPAO did pick them up as large as well. I have the LFE output to 'Both'. Maybe that is why I prefer the large setting. Set up as both I was still getting LFE from the woofers with the LFE input disconnected. I think the internal crossover was changing the frequency range being used from the L and R main outs on the receiver. It seems to compliment the LFE output from the receiver. Also, I recently built a built-in entertainment center and created a sort of sealed box around the mains and it really improved the LFE from these speakers. If I ever get around to it I will post some pics.

I also have the LFE set to both but I still prefer the small setting. In contrast to your set up, there is alot of open air to the side of my mains and I have them about 2 1/2 to 3 feet out from the back walls. The large setting tends to muddy up the bass a little in my room.

Pretty cool how basically indentical set ups can behave so differently in different rooms. Post some picks of your custom cabinet when you get the chance. Always cool to see other people's custom woodwork.

JSE

wasch_24
05-04-2004, 07:35 AM
WTF how did my response slip in before the post I was responding to?

JSE
05-04-2004, 07:42 AM
WTF how did my response slip in before the post I was responding to?

Same thing happened to me the other day. I actually got in front of the original post. WTF?

In terms of uploading photos, your are correct. Just hit browse and click the photos you want from your source.

JSE

wasch_24
05-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Same thing happened to me the other day. I actually got in front of the original post. WTF?

In terms of uploading photos, your are correct. Just hit browse and click the photos you want from your source.

JSE
Roger

Woochifer
05-04-2004, 12:33 PM

Another option would be the Craftsman SPL meter that Sears sells. If you don't have a Sears store nearby, you could order one from their website.

As for the Avia DVD, it's a setup disc that help you set your sound levels and the video settings. If you've never used one before, you might want to start with the Sound & Vision Home Theater Setup disc. It's made by the same company that issues the Avia disc, but it's more at a beginner level, includes some good tutorials, is readily available at Borders, and costs about half what the more advanced Avia disc costs. Plus, the audio tests are more up to date because it includes both DTS and 6.1 tests, whereas the Avia disc dates back to 1999 and doesn't include those tests. IMO, a calibration disc of some kind is a necessity, and even though it helps with your audio settings, in my experience the biggest improvement is in the video. The Avia, S&V, and Digital Video Essential discs are the ones that people refer to most often. The S&V disc the simplest one, while the Avia and DVE discs are more advanced with more tests available.

wasch_24
05-04-2004, 03:00 PM

JSE
It's not quite 'custom woodwork' persay (sp?). Just MDF and 2x4's

magictooth
05-05-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm glad that this post has generated so much interest. It was mostly for Lexmark 3200 who staunchly refuses to calibrate his system for whatever mysterious reasons, but I'm not sure if he's read this thread. Too bad, it's his loss.

Lots of interesting anecdotes and tidbits here. The YPAO function seems to have created quite a buzz, and I'd be interested if I didn't already have a decent receiver. It seems like most everyone who has tried the Yamaha receiver is favourably impressed with that function. Can anybody clarify for me if I'm wrong, but is the YPAO something like a hybrid SPL and equalizer in one?

Woochifer
05-05-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm glad that this post has generated so much interest. It was mostly for Lexmark 3200 who staunchly refuses to calibrate his system for whatever mysterious reasons, but I'm not sure if he's read this thread. Too bad, it's his loss.

Lots of interesting anecdotes and tidbits here. The YPAO function seems to have created quite a buzz, and I'd be interested if I didn't already have a decent receiver. It seems like most everyone who has tried the Yamaha receiver is favourably impressed with that function. Can anybody clarify for me if I'm wrong, but is the YPAO something like a hybrid SPL and equalizer in one?

You're right, the YPAO combines the functionality of a SPL meter and a parametric equalizer, and does the settings automatically. It also detects the distance and sets the delay timing automatically. The parametric EQ is the one function it has that cannot be duplicated with add-on equipment. I can tell you from using a parametric EQ with my subwoofer, they are not easy to learn, and can take a lot of time to use. It took me 1 1/2 hours just to do the subwoofer equalization, while the YPAO will setup all eight channels in 10 minutes.

High end processors like Lexicon, Theta, and TAG McLaren have had auto calibration functions for a while, but it's only recently that the feature's made its way into lower priced receivers. Pioneer's had a similar function on its Elite receivers for at least a couple of years, and Denon just added it to their new AVR-3805. By this time next year, I think just about every receiver manufacturer out there will have introduced some kind of auto calibration feature.

Lexmark3200
05-05-2004, 07:37 PM

Lots of interesting anecdotes and tidbits here. The YPAO function seems to have created quite a buzz, and I'd be interested if I didn't already have a decent receiver. It seems like most everyone who has tried the Yamaha receiver is favourably impressed with that function. Can anybody clarify for me if I'm wrong, but is the YPAO something like a hybrid SPL and equalizer in one?]

LOL....massively LOL....

vivisimonvi
05-06-2004, 05:00 PM
In response to the original topic (and for those supposed "idiots" who don't calibrate their system with a meter), I've had my system for years and never calibrated it with a meter. I think I'm a good judge when it comes to matching channels equally by hearing alone. For my birthday recently I asked for an analog SPL meter ($16 at RS at half price), I wouldn't have it bought it myself. In measuring my current system as it is, I was only 1 decibel off according to the meter for my 5 channel setup. This using different speakers with different efficiency ratings and seperate amplifiers. Calibrating it accordingly, I found little difference... except my subwoofer was a bit high, but for those who like the extra bass like myself, I keep it as it originally was.

I suppose this thing is a good reference to know how far your pushing your speakers decibel limits according to it's effeciency and wattage ratings (depending on certain frequency levels of course).

Woochifer
05-06-2004, 07:44 PM
In response to the original topic (and for those supposed "idiots" who don't calibrate their system with a meter), I've had my system for years and never calibrated it with a meter. I think I'm a good judge when it comes to matching channels equally by hearing alone. For my birthday recently I asked for an analog SPL meter ($16 at RS at half price), I wouldn't have it bought it myself. In measuring my current system as it is, I was only 1 decibel off according to the meter for my 5 channel setup. This using different speakers with different efficiency ratings and seperate amplifiers. Calibrating it accordingly, I found little difference... except my subwoofer was a bit high, but for those who like the extra bass like myself, I keep it as it originally was.

I suppose this thing is a good reference to know how far your pushing your speakers decibel limits according to it's effeciency and wattage ratings (depending on certain frequency levels of course).

Well, it's always possible make the right guesses under the right conditions. :)

I would add though that any changes to the room or your setup (something as simple as changing the toe-in angle of the speaker or moving a piece of furniture) can make some noticeable shifts in the SPL readings. You'll know that a shift in the soundfield occurred by listening, but the SPL meter allows you to make the adjustment a lot quicker than trying to guess at the magnitudes of the changes across five speakers. Basically, you get it right the first time, and don't have to repeatedly tweak with the settings until it sounds right. I doubt that even the best golden ear out there can nail down the settings on the first try, and resist the urge to continually tweak with them afterwards.

Also, if your SPL measurements were taken with the tone generator on your receiver rather than a test disc like Avia or DVE, then your measurements could also be off because the wideband test tones on most receivers are more prone to erroneous readings due to room interactions than the more narrowband tones used on those test discs.

Depending on who you listen to, the SPL reading for the subwoofer SHOULD be about 4 to 8 db higher than the mains because human hearing is less sensitive in those lower octaves, and because the mic on the SPL meter is less sensitive in those ranges as well.

Also keep in mind that balancing the levels is probably the most rudimentary basic use of the SPL meter. If you're doing things like testing the room acoustics, or comparing effects from different room treatments, or identifying frequencies and bandwidths for subwoofer equalization, no way you can possibly do that right by ear. (Doing the parametric equalization settings for my subwoofer took 1 1/2 hours with a SPL meter; without the meter, I might as well cancel out the whole day, and even then it probably won't be right because of multiple variables involved)

JSE
05-07-2004, 08:11 AM

Hey vivisimonvi,

Congrats on having your system sounding good. I think the main point of this whole topic is that for most people, calibrating your system will produce greatly improved sound. The best way to calibrate your system is to use an SPL meter or internal calibration systems like YPAO on yamaha. Most people cannot do this by ear. You are lucky to be able to get good results by ear, but this is not the norm for most people.

Bye the way, the Idiot comment was directed mainly at a certain person, not everyone. It was said with sarcasm. No offense intended.

JSE

Lexmark3200
05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Hey vivisimonvi,

Congrats on having your system sounding good. I think the main point of this whole topic is that for most people, calibrating your system will produce greatly improved sound. The best way to calibrate your system is to use an SPL meter or internal calibration systems like YPAO on yamaha. Most people cannot do this by ear. You are lucky to be able to get good results by ear, but this is not the norm for most people.

Bye the way, the Idiot comment was directed mainly at a certain person, not everyone. It was said with sarcasm. No offense intended.

JSE

And dont worry, Vivi.....just let those finding the need to call random, anonymous persons "idots" and the like from the comfort of their own homes, not face to face, waste their breath....if your system sounds good the way YOU have it tweaked, you are there, man!

JSE
05-10-2004, 06:56 AM
And dont worry, Vivi.....just let those finding the need to call random, anonymous persons "idots" and the like from the comfort of their own homes, not face to face, waste their breath....if your system sounds good the way YOU have it tweaked, you are there, man!

LOL! :D

JaaaaaaaaSsssssEeeeeeeeeee!

JSE
05-10-2004, 07:10 AM

Also, everything I say and do in these forums is said and done as JSE. "I" can back up everything I say and if I am wrong I admit it. I don't have the make up vairous screen names to try and hide my identity like some who are probably trying to hide from their own alter personalities because they are to ashamed of who they are from one moment to the other. Everyone here hides behind the safety of their computers to some extent. That's how an "online" forum works. At least "most" of us don't hide behind other identities.

Ever see the movie Indentity? Creepy!

JSE

Lexmark3200
05-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Also, everything I say and do in these forums is said and done as JSE. "I" can back up everything I say and if I am wrong I admit it. I don't have the make up vairous screen names to try and hide my identity like some who are probably trying to hide from their own alter personalities because they are to ashamed of who they are from one moment to the other. Everyone here hides behind the safety of their computers to some extent. That's how an "online" forum works. At least "most" of us don't hide behind other identities.

Ever see the movie Indentity? Creepy!

JSE

Ah---ha.....I see. As long as he knows HIS system sounds fine as is and doesnt need to be called an idiot from behind a computer terminal, and not to his face, man to man.

vivisimonvi
05-11-2004, 01:27 AM
I've never seen Identity myself though I might rent it this weekend. I use this handle on various forums and other places for years without change (seems everyone insists on refering me as Vivi instead of Simon). My system sounds fine to me of course only your opinion matters above all when it boils down to it.

For actual testing, I did use my receiver's internal test tone, calibrated by ear, then used the meter and the results weren't far off at all (from my listening position). Although I don't have an Avia disc, I was thinking of trying the THX Optimizer you find on some DVD's (like Finding Nemo, thanks to the other poster, I couldn't remember which DVD I had that actually has that).

I find this little device quite amusing, as I could never really guess how loud something is in terms of decibels (I've seen charts of course). One thing I do notice is that my place of work is a really loud place... I now (and sadly) realize my potential loss of hearing won't come from my sound system.

JSE
05-11-2004, 06:06 AM
Ah---ha.....I see. As long as he knows HIS system sounds fine as is and doesnt need to be called an idiot from behind a computer terminal, and not to his face, man to man.

First, this is between me and you (Lexmark/TLADINY/JOHN) so quit trying to bring Vivi into it. There is a big difference between you and Vivi. You have a long history of asking the same questions over and over about problems when most of them could be resolved by an SPL meter. You also give your reviews regarding the audio on DVDs even though you are playing them on an uncalibrated system. Oh yes, and you are also a bold face LIAR. Remember, you can come back at me and others all you want but at the end of the day, you are still a liar. Simple as that, TLADINY. Until you fess up, that's what you will always be. Now go away! Go talk to your other personalities.

JSE

Lexmark3200
05-11-2004, 01:02 PM
First, this is between me and you (Lexmark/TLADINY/JOHN) so quit trying to bring Vivi into it. There is a big difference between you and Vivi. You have a long history of asking the same questions over and over about problems when most of them could be resolved by an SPL meter. You also give your reviews regarding the audio on DVDs even though you are playing them on an uncalibrated system. Oh yes, and you are also a bold face LIAR. Remember, you can come back at me and others all you want but at the end of the day, you are still a liar. Simple as that, TLADINY. Until you fess up, that's what you will always be. Now go away! Go talk to your other personalities.

JSE

No, but you are quite wrong, Mr. JSE.....THIS IS about me and Vivi because YOU called him an idiot in so many other words; he admitted to being this "idiot" because he did not calibrate HIS system according to YOUR wishes (imagine that----YOU playing God...THAT is funny and laughable, completely). So I have every right to tell him to enjoy his system according to HIS liking; last time I checked, we did declare a right of independence and free speech. Ever see The Patriot? I wonder if you are smart enough to know what century that film even took place in.

Other personalities? I know of only one. Unless you can prove to MY FACE man to man otherwise, you are on COMPLETE SPECULATION, my friend. Now how much creedence does that lend? I only wish it was you instead of that bartender who got that beating in the Sopranos, because thats exactly what I would have done to you if I were in Gandolfini's shoes and you were....well.....the great JSE!

JSE
05-11-2004, 01:51 PM
No, but you are quite wrong, Mr. JSE.....THIS IS about me and Vivi because YOU called him an idiot in so many other words; he admitted to being this "idiot" because he did not calibrate HIS system according to YOUR wishes (imagine that----YOU playing God...THAT is funny and laughable, completely). So I have every right to tell him to enjoy his system according to HIS liking; last time I checked, we did declare a right of independence and free speech. Ever see The Patriot? I wonder if you are smart enough to know what century that film even took place in.

Other personalities? I know of only one. Unless you can prove to MY FACE man to man otherwise, you are on COMPLETE SPECULATION, my friend. Now how much creedence does that lend? I only wish it was you instead of that bartender who got that beating in the Sopranos, because thats exactly what I would have done to you if I were in Gandolfini's shoes and you were....well.....the great JSE!

Complete speculation? I do remember proving once before that Lexmark3200 and TLADINY are one in the same. Don't you remember? Do you really want me to prove it again? Because you know, you would then be exposed to everyone again. And I can prove it! :) Are you sure you don't want to own up to it now?

As far as your implied physical threats go, I can tell you this. WHATEVA! LOL!

JSE

Woochifer
05-11-2004, 05:17 PM
I've never seen Identity myself though I might rent it this weekend. I use this handle on various forums and other places for years without change (seems everyone insists on refering me as Vivi instead of Simon). My system sounds fine to me of course only your opinion matters above all when it boils down to it.

For actual testing, I did use my receiver's internal test tone, calibrated by ear, then used the meter and the results weren't far off at all (from my listening position). Although I don't have an Avia disc, I was thinking of trying the THX Optimizer you find on some DVD's (like Finding Nemo, thanks to the other poster, I couldn't remember which DVD I had that actually has that).

I find this little device quite amusing, as I could never really guess how loud something is in terms of decibels (I've seen charts of course). One thing I do notice is that my place of work is a really loud place... I now (and sadly) realize my potential loss of hearing won't come from my sound system.

Avoid the THX Optimizer for surround level matching. The test tones used on those discs are inconsistent at best, and flat out wrong in the worst cases. If you can't afford the Avia disc, look for the S&V Home Theater Setup DVD. Borders sells it for $15.

Woochifer
05-11-2004, 05:25 PM

Nice to know that you sorta understand the First Amendment, but keep in mind that your freedom of speech has limits here because the right to free speech only means that you won't have the cops busting down your door for saying what you say. If the moderators decide to ban you or anybody else, they have every right to do so.

Geez, no need to get defensive over something that we all know already! Like it or not, your toughguy posturing is just playing into what JSE said about people hiding behind their computer screens when they post on these forums.

Lexmark3200
05-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Complete speculation? I do remember proving once before that Lexmark3200 and TLADINY are one in the same. Don't you remember? Do you really want me to prove it again? Because you know, you would then be exposed to everyone again. And I can prove it! :) Are you sure you don't want to own up to it now?

As far as your implied physical threats go, I can tell you this. WHATEVA! LOL!

JSE

Blah...........blah blah blah blah blah blah.....boy, these compu-geeks really have nothing better to do than "disprove" people on a web board! Blah blah blah blah.....

And when did I threaten? All I said was, if you would read was, I WISH it were you in the scene where he gets his ass handed to him because people like you deserve exactly that. I never threatened.

Blah blah blah.....

Lexmark3200
05-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Nice to know that you sorta understand the First Amendment, but keep in mind that your freedom of speech has limits here because the right to free speech only means that you won't have the cops busting down your door for saying what you say. If the moderators decide to ban you or anybody else, they have every right to do so.

Geez, no need to get defensive over something that we all know already! Like it or not, your toughguy posturing is just playing into what JSE said about people hiding behind their computer screens when they post on these forums.

I understand the moderators have the right to ban people, and believe me, Wooch, I have been involved on web boards where I have witnessed people taking the internet site supplier to court over reasons for dishonest banning after they paid to be on the site; Im talking non-free sites, of course.

I am not tough-guy posturing at all here; I simply said that I feel he deserved to have the same thing happen to him that happened to the character, thats all. How is that being a tough guy? I for one have challened him face to face and man to man to let out anything he wants to get out about me ---- and be able to take it back in return, mind you. How EXACTLY is this hiding behind a screen in terms of what I am saying? How is that hiding? I will give him the address of where he can meet me.

JSE
05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Blah...........blah blah blah blah blah blah.....boy, these compu-geeks really have nothing better to do than "disprove" people on a web board! Blah blah blah blah.....

Yep, your right. So here it is.

Just in case some of you don’t know what kind of “LIAR” we are dealing with here in LEXMARK/TLADINY and just in case some of you still don’t believe Lexmark and TLADINY are one in the same, I would like to direct you to a post I presented a while back proving that TLADINY/LEXMARK are the same person.

I would say this is about 99.99% proof they are the same. I am sure Lexmark will cling to the .01%.

Here’s the link and my previous post if you want to look at the entire thread. I have updated the links for your convenience. Look toward the bottom of the thread at the reply titled “ Proof Lexmark3200 is TLADINY”.

Link to reply below, old links don’t work. Look below for new links.

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9DA91.php

************************************************** *********************************

Here is my actual previous post within the link above.

“I am ashamed that I have stooped to this level, but what the hell.

Please excuse my lack of proper links to the posts.

Over in the Digital Domain forum, a suspicious new poster by the name of Lexmark3200, hmmmm, has a post dated 8/6/03 titled "Problem w/ Recording Vinyl to CD-R". In his post he refers to a previous older post where he asked a similar question with no response. So, I did a little checking and I found an older post from 2/25/03,

http://archive.audioreview.com/04/0EF9DCC9.php

where the exact same question referring to the exact same equipment was being asked, by someone named "To Live and Die in NY" or TLADINY as we commonly know him.

http://archive.audioreview.com/02/0EF97CC2.php

TLADINY you are Busted! So quit playing dumb in this forum as well as the speaker forum and admit who you are. I can't wait to see you explain this one, you sneaky little bastard.

JSE”

************************************************** *********************************

So, there you have it, proof they are one in the same. This guy is a liar and does not deserve any help what-so-ever until he can come clean.

TLADINY/Lexmark3200/John Beresford, since you never responded to the post mentioned above, how do you explain all this?

I await your answer.

JSE

Woochifer
05-11-2004, 07:47 PM

Just in case some of you don’t know what kind of “LIAR” we are dealing with here in LEXMARK/TLADINY and just in case some of you still don’t believe Lexmark and TLADINY are one in the same, I would like to direct you to a post I presented a while back proving that TLADINY/LEXMARK are the same person.

I would say this is about 99.99% proof they are the same. I am sure Lexmark will cling to the .01%.

Here’s the link and my previous post if you want to look at the entire thread. I have updated the links for your convenience. Look toward the bottom of the thread at the reply titled “ Proof Lexmark3200 is TLADINY”.

Over in the Digital Domain forum, a suspicious new poster by the name of Lexmark3200, hmmmm, has a post dated 8/6/03 titled "Problem w/ Recording Vinyl to CD-R". In his post he refers to a previous older post where he asked a similar question with no response. So, I did a little checking and I found an older post from 2/25/03,

where the exact same question referring to the exact same equipment was being asked, by someone named "To Live and Die in NY" or TLADINY as we commonly know him.

TLADINY you are Busted! So quit playing dumb in this forum as well as the speaker forum and admit who you are. I can't wait to see you explain this one, you sneaky little bastard.

JSE”

So, there you have it, proof they are one in the same. This guy is a liar and does not deserve any help what-so-ever until he can come clean.

TLADINY/Lexmark3200/John Beresford, since you never responded to the post mentioned above, how do you explain all this?

I await your answer.

JSE

Well, looks like you've done everything short of demanding that the lad respect your authori-tie ... good detective work (although at times it seems like proving that the sky is blue or that water is wet)!

Lexmark3200
05-11-2004, 07:54 PM

JSE”

I await your answer.

JSE

YOU, good sir, are the ONLY bastard on this site....well, that is not REALLY accurate....I can think of a few more.

As I supected, a compu-geek with nothing better to do....pretty sad, JSE, pretty sad.

And YOU admitted to it.....now THAT IS GOOD.

Lexmark3200
05-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Well, looks like you've done everything short of demanding that the lad respect your authori-tie ... good detective work (although at times it seems like proving that the sky is blue or that water is wet)!

You are right, Wooch....good detective work from a pussy sitting behind his computer terminal....you are sooooo right!

LOL.

JSE
05-12-2004, 07:53 AM

Hey Wooch,

Your right, it is like proving the sky is blue. No real point in it. But...... sometimes certain people need to be reminded that they are not fooling anyone. TLADINY is one of those people. Simple as that. In the end, this is just childish behavior on my part and TLADINY's so maybe I should just be done with him.

JSE

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-12-2004, 11:15 AM
This thread cracks me up. I mean how many times can one be busted for the same offense. Hehehehehehehe, the repetitive nature of just about every post that tladiny/Lexmark is damn funny to me. He asks a question(one he has repeated before using a different name) and he is swamped with negative comments. This is like watching reruns.

JSE, you just calm down now you hear! You are going to bust a gut dealing with what'shisnamethisweek. We know who he is(he is completely transparent) so don't waste your time with him.

Woooooooch, were in the heck are you man?? The T-man would like to buy you a beer, but I keep getting left with an empty mug. Make it happen soldier!!!!

Woochifer
05-12-2004, 11:59 AM
This thread cracks me up. I mean how many times can one be busted for the same offense. Hehehehehehehe, the repetitive nature of just about every post that tladiny/Lexmark is damn funny to me. He asks a question(one he has repeated before using a different name) and he is swamped with negative comments. This is like watching reruns.

JSE, you just calm down now you hear! You are going to bust a gut dealing with what'shisnamethisweek. We know who he is(he is completely transparent) so don't waste your time with him.

Woooooooch, were in the heck are you man?? The T-man would like to buy you a beer, but I keep getting left with an empty mug. Make it happen soldier!!!!

Glad that we can provide you with midday entertainment!

Definitely gots to hook up, but I keep getting called out of town (and going on vacation as well!). If you can hijack the Bud truck tomorrow or Friday, I should be able to accommodate. I'll let you know one way or another.

Lexmark3200
05-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey Wooch,

Your right, it is like proving the sky is blue. No real point in it. But...... sometimes certain people need to be reminded that they are not fooling anyone. TLADINY is one of those people. Simple as that. In the end, this is just childish behavior on my part and TLADINY's so maybe I should just be done with him.

JSE

On WHO"s part? WHO is not fooling anyone? All I did was tell Vivi that he should indeed listen to his ears and not be....ahhhhhhhem....intimidated by anyone calling someone an idiot from the comfort and security of home. In the end, it is yada, yada, yada, yaaaaawn from you.

I dont know who you THINK I am, but all this namecalling from behind a computer terminal is indeed childish; no need to be done with me, Lexmark, because I have been done with you, Mr. JSE.

Lexmark3200
05-12-2004, 03:37 PM

Do you HONESTLY think the nonsense you spew over a computer terminal from the comforts of home bothers me? It is me, dear Terrence, who finds YOU funny, how you bully just about everyone on this site into tears but cant do it to me....does that really get to you, Terry? Huh? Just a little? Like intimidating people, especially in the Digital Domain threads, eh?

You are right....this IS funny....

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Do you HONESTLY think the nonsense you spew over a computer terminal from the comforts of home bothers me? It is me, dear Terrence, who finds YOU funny, how you bully just about everyone on this site into tears but cant do it to me....does that really get to you, Terry? Huh? Just a little? Like intimidating people, especially in the Digital Domain threads, eh?

You are right....this IS funny....

Hehehehehehehe. Man am I a mean beast!!! Terrible.....just Terrible beating up on all those defenseless people in the Digital Domain forum. I must be worse in the Home theater forum.

Now what is really horrible is the way I have been treating to live and die in new york/lexmark/John pickleman/who will it be next. I have bullied his innocent of all things butt night and day. Just for that I am going to punish myself. I won't have that scoop of rocky road ice cream tonight. Hehehehehehehe..........

Lexmark3200
05-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Hehehehehehehe. Man am I a mean beast!!! Terrible.....just Terrible beating up on all those defenseless people in the Digital Domain forum. I must be worse in the Home theater forum.

Now what is really horrible is the way I have been treating to live and die in new york/lexmark/John pickleman/who will it be next. I have bullied his innocent of all things butt night and day. Just for that I am going to punish myself. I won't have that scoop of rocky road ice cream tonight. Hehehehehehehe..........

Do you like Rocky Road? Oh man....let me tell you....the BEST ice cream (I am an ice cream junkie!) is Friendly's chocolate chip....do you have Friendly's restaurants in your area of the country? They have the BEST ice cream, Im telling you! And their Rocky Road is great, too...after my last cholesterol test, I should be cutting down on this crap, but Im addicted!

JSE
05-13-2004, 10:12 AM
“YOU, good sir, are the ONLY bastard on this site....well, that is not REALLY accurate....I can think of a few more.

As I supected, a compu-geek with nothing better to do....pretty sad, JSE, pretty sad.

And YOU admitted to it.....now THAT IS GOOD.”

And

“You are right, Wooch....good detective work from a pussy sitting behind his computer terminal....you are sooooo right!

LOL.”

And

“On WHO"s part? WHO is not fooling anyone? All I did was tell Vivi that he should indeed listen to his ears and not be....ahhhhhhhem....intimidated by anyone calling someone an idiot from the comfort and security of home. In the end, it is yada, yada, yada, yaaaaawn from you.

I dont know who you THINK I am, but all this namecalling from behind a computer terminal is indeed childish; no need to be done with me, Lexmark, because I have been done with you, Mr. JSE.”

TLADINY, and I can call you that.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!

“I dont know who you THINK I am……..”

I’m not really sure. You have used 3 different screen names. How can anyone know who you really are?

One thing, that is a fact that neither you nor anyone else can dispute. You are a proven LIAR! So why don’t you use the screen name LIAR. It’s the only one that would truly fit you.

Have a nice day!

JSEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!

Lexmark3200
05-13-2004, 10:24 AM
“YOU, good sir, are the ONLY bastard on this site....well, that is not REALLY accurate....I can think of a few more.

And YOU admitted to it.....now THAT IS GOOD.”

And

“You are right, Wooch....good detective work from a pussy sitting behind his computer terminal....you are sooooo right!

LOL.”

And

“On WHO"s part? WHO is not fooling anyone? All I did was tell Vivi that he should indeed listen to his ears and not be....ahhhhhhhem....intimidated by anyone calling someone an idiot from the comfort and security of home. In the end, it is yada, yada, yada, yaaaaawn from you.

I dont know who you THINK I am, but all this namecalling from behind a computer terminal is indeed childish; no need to be done with me, Lexmark, because I have been done with you, Mr. JSE.”

TLADINY, and I can call you that.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!

“I dont know who you THINK I am……..”

I’m not really sure. You have used 3 different screen names. How can anyone know who you really are?

One thing, that is a fact that neither you nor anyone else can dispute. You are a proven LIAR! So why don’t you use the screen name LIAR. It’s the only one that would truly fit you.

Have a nice day!

JSEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!

Well, you are sure doing a great job of trying to dispute something that simply doesnt exist....but as you say (which contadicts your own findings on its own merits), NO ONE else can dispute it....I am already having a great day and you made it even more entertaining, Jesse Boy!

JSE
05-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Well, you are sure doing a great job of trying to dispute something that simply doesnt exist....but as you say (which contadicts your own findings on its own merits), NO ONE else can dispute it....I am already having a great day and you made it even more entertaining, Jesse Boy!

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahah! :D

Stop it! It hurts.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahah! :D

JSE

Lexmark3200
05-13-2004, 10:38 AM
BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahah! :D

Stop it! It hurts.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahah! :D

JSE

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Boy.....anyone have a pacifier for this baby? *WINK*

Livvvvvvvvvvvve it up!!!