Got CRSv9! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Got CRSv9!

PPG
04-30-2004, 12:01 PM
...the first 4 tracks kick major ass. (haven't heard the rest yet). Cool cover art, too! Thanks JDaniel

Jim Clark
04-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Mine showed up as well. Trying to get the boys lined up with buddies so they can get the heck out of here and I can listen. Cover is an instant classic. Thanks JD.

jc

tentoze
04-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Mine showed up as well. Trying to get the boys lined up with buddies so they can get the heck out of here and I can listen. Cover is an instant classic. Thanks JD.

jc
I gave it a 1st spin last nite, but need to listen more. I know there were some great tunes, but was preoccupied cleaning up another old amp that showed up yesterday. And, agreed on the cover art, Jim. Way good, JD............

Davey
04-30-2004, 01:30 PM
....Cool cover art, too!

....Cover is an instant classic.

....And, agreed on the cover art, Jim. Way good, JD............
OK, that does it. Somebody is gonna have to scan and post the cover since mine probably won't be here today and I wanna see it!

tentoze
04-30-2004, 01:35 PM
OK, that does it. Somebody is gonna have to scan and post the cover since mine probably won't be here today and I wanna see it!
If noone does it before I get home, I can at least take a pic and post it for ya, ya whiny-@$$..............

;)

Davey
04-30-2004, 01:41 PM
If noone does it before I get home, I can at least take a pic and post it for ya, ya whiny-@$$..............

;)
Hehehe, just kidding. I'll probably get it by tomorrow so don't bother, goofball ;)

Slosh
04-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Yep, nice job on the cover. Even CD Text. But it's the music that matters and some of you have awful taste :p

Only spun it once so far so I need to spend more time. One song stands out but not for the right reason: The Chain - it takes a special talent to take a cool song and turn it to utter crap. But the +/- track makes up for it so it all works out :)

NP: Wilco - YHF but I've heard that about 1000 times so I'll swap it for CRSv9 now

Davey
04-30-2004, 03:39 PM
But it's the music that matters and some of you have awful taste :p
Hehehe, so what song do you think was mine, weaselboy? Careful now......:)

Troy
04-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Yep, nice job on the cover. Even CD Text. But it's the music that matters and some of you have awful taste :p]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Oh wait . . . which of you has the bad taste again?

I agree "The Chain" was a trainwreck though. How we differ is how good we thought the original was too!

Slosh
04-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Hehehe, so what song do you think was mine, weaselboy? Careful now......:)

Electrelane? American Analog Set? Damien Rice? All good.

I'll go with "This Deed" - Electrelane. This songs reminds me of something that's not coming to mind. Something with the vocal phrasing is causing me deja vu...

No wait, that's not it. The riff reminds me of The White Stripes' "The Hardest Button To Button". The 6th track on tentoze's Poll This (Over The Rhine "The World Can Wait") reminds me of something else. Damned BAC ;)

Slosh
04-30-2004, 04:00 PM
I agree "The Chain" was a trainwreck though. How we differ is how good we thought the original was too!

I liked the original.......84,000 times hearing it earlier. Still like it but need a good five years before hearing it again

Finch Platte
04-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Only spun it once so far so I need to spend more time. One song stands out but not for the right reason: The Chain - it takes a special talent to take a cool song and turn it to utter crap. But the +/- track makes up for it so it all works out :)

I just got my copy today at work. When I read your comment about the Chain, I had to run to the ghetto blaster & check it out.

My question is, why???

ep

Slosh
04-30-2004, 04:36 PM
My question is, why???

That remains my question as well, Tantric-boy :p

Davey
04-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Electrelane? American Analog Set? Damien Rice? All good.
Wow, you are good. Mine <i>is</i> one of those three and I would guess the other two are from Stone and Mike. Actually, Stone's is already known to me so I'm really only guessing on one out of the three. Sounds like a good comp. Should have mine soon and then I can pick yours http://forums.audioreview.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

tentoze
04-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Wow, you are good. Mine is one of those three and I would guess the other two are from Stone and Mike. Actually, Stone's is already known to me so I'm really only guessing on one out of the three. Sounds like a good comp. Should have mine soon and then I can pick yours :D
I tried to take pics of the cover, but couldn't get close enough to do it justice- U must be patient, grasshopper.

:rolleyes: