Alter Bridge [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge

Mr Peabody
08-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Alter Bridge unfortunately went under my radar until recently. I saw them on the Breaking Ben & Disturbed bill. They did a good show although I wasn't familiar with their material. What did impress was Myles Kennedy's vocals. To be honest I didn't even know he was the vocalist and the line up has been consistent from the beginning, except for a bit of switching around on who plays bass. FYI Wolfgang Van Halen played bass and had tracks on one of the later albums. Alter Bridge can rock as both Kennedy and Tremonti are good guitarists. In fact, one magazine voted the title track to Blackbird best guitar solo. Alter Bridge has some good songs, some bombastic and some really good power ballads like Who Will Watch Over You. As one who lost a loved one this year, this song and In Loving Memory really got to me. So if you aren't already a fan maybe give them a listen to see if you are missing something. Also, Mark Tremonti has his own project simply called Tremonti, a bit more Metal and a lot more guitar. I have All I Was and like it quite a bit. I do plan to add some Alter Bridge beginning with One Day Remains, the debut album which went gold. I wish the band got more radio support but seems Hard Rock in general is tough to find on the radio. Alter Bridge has a new album about to drop, the video for the new song is on YouTube.

Mr Peabody
08-06-2016, 10:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lIdymq0DZc

enjoy

topspeed
08-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Good band. Kennedy is a unique singer with a readily identified sound. If you like his tone, which I do, you should also check out his work with Slash (of GnR) and The Conspirators.

It's always fun when you discover a band you really enjoy that has been around for awhile, yet you never paid any attention to them. That was me with Porcupine Tree a few months back.

Mr Peabody
08-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Yes, I like Myles a lot, quite a range, he is actually a good guitarist as well. Another one of his early projects is a Fusion band called Cosmic Dust.