Hot Tuna s/t vinyl [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tuna s/t vinyl

sjtm
07-31-2016, 07:27 AM
Found a great used record store yesterday - completely disorganized which is probably a turn off to many. But walked out after an hour with a dozen near minty albums - total price tag was $25. Only through half of them but this Hot Tuna live concert recorded at the New Orleans House in Berkeley CA is a great acoustic blues / country rock album. Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane and Will Scarlett on harmonica. I bought this when it first came out in 1970 thinking it would be a variation of JA. Boy was I wrong. But it inspired me to trade in my crappy electric guitar and fender Deluxe reverb amp ( silver face - wish I kept that) for my Gibson Tennessee Flattop acoustic. I still have the Gibson, but the album is long gone. This one will be getting a lot of playing time.

Mr Peabody
07-31-2016, 07:30 PM
I've got one Hot Tuna album, can't remember the name, the coveris mostly yellow. I remember the first time hearing Hot Tuna was as a kid watching Don Kershner's Rock Concert. That and Friday Night Special were great.

thekid
08-01-2016, 05:12 AM
Congrats on the new vinyl!
I like Hot Tuna as well and have I believe their first album on vinyl. If memory serves me correctly there is a live track on it where you can hear a glass get broken while they were playing.

sjtm
08-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Yep - it is rather disconcerting right in the middle of Uncle Sam's Blues.