Killer sound from a BT headphone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Killer sound from a BT headphone

Mr Peabody
07-13-2016, 08:27 PM
I wanted to get a set of decent Bluetooth headphones to make streaming from my phone tolerable. Browsing Amazon they only offered about 57k items, when I stumble across a set of JBL Synchros e40bt "certified" refurb for $49.95, about half retail, so being a JBL fan decided to give them a try. Man, the sound was incredible, deep powerful bass, the highs & mids where as clean and clear as any headphone I've heard. The sound was really similar in character to the Pro speakers.
Now, before running out to grab up a set, here's the rest of the story, I didn't read any reviews, which is not normally like me, after charging the e40bt I could no longer get them to pair. So when I went to JBL's website I notice the reviews reflect a reliability issue with this model. So I sadly send them back. However, being smitten by the sound, I find a set of JBL s400 which are obsolete on JBL's website but still available at Amazon, AND, great reviews. I got them today and the build quality is really good, they have a carry case. Out of the box not quite as impressive as the e40bt but I think these will have to break in. Out of the box the bass is a bit heavy and the sound more compressed compared to the e40bt. I will report pack after a while. The Synchros s400 is really cool, the controls are touch on the outside of the cup, you just run your finger across. I do have to be careful though, this caused me some false mutes. I bought my sister a set of the e40bt at the same time as myself, hers so far are doing good, and I hope it continues that way. Both pair look and feel rugged, the pads were soft, they do seem heavier than some other on-the-ear phones, the s400 seems fairly comfortable but not up to Sennheiser HD600 comfort. The e40bt was tight and I kept having to move the cup around. All that aside, if they worked I would have put up with it for the enjoyment of the sound I heard. I'll be back after some break in.

rfan8312
09-23-2017, 04:57 AM
Hey man, how's it going now a year later with the e40bt?

You know, sadly I'm going to sell off a couple headphones today, athe shop I bought them at, Grado-sr325e, which I loved. And, Grado sr-225i, which I couldn't stand, the sound is atrocious to me on the 225i, somehow.

But, I won't sell my beloved PSB -M4U2.

Anyway man, there is a new model coming out called PSB -M4U8, and it will be Bluetooth.

Which is crazy because if the sound is as good as the M4U2, and the comfort is as good, that would be hard to beat in it's price range, about 300USD.

I believe that I have reason to believe that the comfort of the M4U8 will be as good because it looks like the exact same headphone as the M4U2, only with a matte black finish instead of the shticky tacky shiny plastic look of the M4U2.

Only headphone I can think of that can beat it at 300USD is the Audeze EL-8, which I liked alot, which is on Audeze website for 340USD. Both the open and closed versions.

Sorry to go off topic and ramble. Would like to read more about that e40bt though.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

rondello
08-07-2019, 12:17 AM
I'm skeptical about buying a refurb headphone unless I will be getting it from their official store.

nobita88
03-18-2020, 12:48 AM
A very interesting and meaningful forum, I really like your content. Thank you for sharing information. Find out about me here: bmi calculator (https://bmi-calculator.io/)