Clapton - I Still Do [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Clapton - I Still Do

sjtm
06-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Clapton's latest - produced by Glyn Johns and cut on 2 LP's at 45rpm. This guy definitely gets better with age. The music traverses a variety of his past styles from swampy blues to classic "slowhand" ballads. Given that Clapton recently divulged he is dealing with neuropathy (nerve damage) that is affecting his playing, this might be one of his last efforts (I hope not).

If you like Clapton, this is a must have.

Finch Platte
06-13-2016, 03:33 AM
Clapton puts me to sleep.

Jack in Wilmington
06-13-2016, 05:03 AM
Clapton's latest - produced by Glyn Johns and cut on 2 LP's at 45rpm. This guy definitely gets better with age. The music traverses a variety of his past styles from swampy blues to classic "slowhand" ballads. Given that Clapton recently divulged he is dealing with neuropathy (nerve damage) that is affecting his playing, this might be one of his last efforts (I hope not).

If you like Clapton, this is a must have.

Just downloaded it on HD Tracks. Sounds really good in 192/24. Nice for kicking back and getting mellow with a nice glass of Malbec.

sjtm
06-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Clapton puts me to sleep.

Clapton was an essential part of my formative musical years. Yes - he might have mellowed with time, but so have I. My first introduction to Clapton live was in 1968 at the Spectrum in Philly as Cream with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker and no one rocked harder than this trio. Saw him again the following summer as Blind Faith with Steve Winwood in the mix on keyboard. Now he's 71, and I am just fine with what he is puttin out cause I still here that blazing guitar master from almost 50 years ago in every lick.

Hyfi
06-17-2016, 05:46 AM
I got the disk. Like most other Clapton Solo work, I like about half of it.

I have brothers that were probably at the same show in Philly.

Where can I get the Karaoke Version?