Garage Sale finds - DLK speakers - Sherwood receiver - Technics SL-220 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale finds - DLK speakers - Sherwood receiver - Technics SL-220

thekid
05-15-2016, 03:24 AM
A relapse with my audio addiction. Went to garage sale to check out the "Techniques" turntable that was listed and had no intention of coming home with anything unless the turntable was an upgrade to my SL-1700. But when the price quoted for everything including the stereo cabinet was listed as $40 the craving came back and off the wagon I fell...

Speakers are very well made and sound quite good. The receiver is also very nice even though there is an issue with the power switch. Everything was from the original owner who it looks like kept very good care of it.

Feanor
05-15-2016, 04:07 AM
Lookin' good.

Is that a Harmon Kardon receiver? What make are the speakers; they look really nice.

And what model the Technics TT? I might be same the model that I've got. I bought mine 6-7 years ago but used it little; it's now languishing in my basement because I've given up on vinyl.

thekid
05-15-2016, 05:49 AM
Lookin' good.

Is that a Harmon Kardon receiver? What make are the speakers; they look really nice.

And what model the Technics TT? I might be same the model that I've got. I bought mine 6-7 years ago but used it little; it's now languishing in my basement because I've given up on vinyl.

Not sure which receiver you are looking at. Temporarily I have the Sherwood S 7210 sitting on a Marantz SR 4320 and playing CD's through it on Denon DVM 2845co that is my backup SACD player.

The Technics is a SL 220 which is a belt driven TT and not as good as my SL-1700 but it's mint condition.

The speakers are from a company called DLK which from what I can tell was the house brand of a reasonably large Midwest electronics chain back in the 70's. From what I have read so far this model ( 1 1/2) is well thought of and my early listening results concur. They are well built and weigh about 40lbs a piece.

Feanor
05-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Not sure which receiver you are looking at. Temporarily I have the Sherwood S 7210 sitting on a Marantz SR 4320 and playing CD's through it on Denon DVM 2845co that is my backup SACD player.

The Technics is a SL 220 which is a belt driven TT and not as good as my SL-1700 but it's mint condition.

The speakers are from a company called DLK which from what I can tell was the house brand of a reasonably large Midwest electronics chain back in the 70's. From what I have read so far this model ( 1 1/2) is well thought of and my early listening results concur. They are well built and weigh about 40lbs a piece.

Ah, I meant the receiver picture; I couldn't make out that it was a Sherwood.

My Technics TT is an SL-D2, a little less sophisticated than the SL-220.

I'm an admirer of vintage equipment, especially receivers, amps, and tuners but I have no room to vintage system.