It really is about the music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It really is about the music

Mr Peabody
04-23-2016, 08:58 AM
I wanted to play some vinyl this morning and gravitated to my Foghat collection, not played in some time, I put on the album Night Shift, once the needle slid into that guitar riff on Driving Wheel I was grooving. I later made a mental note the sound quality on that album wasn't very good, sort of muted and everything layered into the middle, but somehow it didn't stop the enjoyment of some of my old favorite tunes. I wanted more then dropped on Stoned Blue, which is probably my least favorite on the album, the quality was better and I was still grooving. Stoned Blue is a tasty album all the way, Chevrolet, cover of Sweet Home Chicago, Midnight Madness, the guitar solo into the end of that song was like a religious experience. Probably a combination of mood and hearing those good old tunes. Going back in to see what I can find......

sjtm
04-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Perhaps some Savoy Brown is in order as well...

Finch Platte
04-24-2016, 03:54 PM
Perhaps some Savoy Brown is in order as well...

Or Rory Gallagher.

Mr Peabody
04-24-2016, 07:18 PM
I have a couple Savoy Brown LP's, as I remember they actually are better quality than the Foghat stuff. I have 3 Rory Gallagher, 2 LP's and 1 CD, I wish I thought of that I haven't spun the Rory LP's in some time. I also have a Hot Tuna that would have fit right in.

Jack in Wilmington
04-25-2016, 03:57 AM
I have a couple Savoy Brown LP's, as I remember they actually are better quality than the Foghat stuff. I have 3 Rory Gallagher, 2 LP's and 1 CD, I wish I thought of that I haven't spun the Rory LP's in some time. I also have a Hot Tuna that would have fit right in.

I'm always up for a little Savoy Brown. "Blue Matter" is probably my favorite. The guys from Foghat were still with the band for this one.

Mr Peabody
04-25-2016, 11:28 AM
I'll have to check out Blue Matter, I have Street Corner Talking which I reall like, and Hellbound Train

Jack in Wilmington
04-25-2016, 12:11 PM
I'll have to check out Blue Matter, I have Street Corner Talking which I reall like, and Hellbound Train

They're both good also. I really like "All I Can Do" from Street Corner Talking. Check out Savoy Brown's "Looking In" they do a song called "Leavin Again" that is also on the first Foghat album, but I like SB's rendition better.