New Richard Davies album (essentially) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Richard Davies album (essentially)

Slosh
04-13-2016, 12:37 PM
The Moles release a teasing listen from the upcoming album ‘Tonight’s Music’ ahead of US live dates this month in New York City.

A short burst of chugging guitars and spinning wordplay ‘Damien Lovelock’, named after the lead singer of 80s Australian rockers The Celibate Rifles (and current sports broadcaster), doubles as songwriter Richard Davies as he whiles away his time in a bookshop through his listless 20's.

“The Moles is a fitting incognito pseudonym synonym nom de guerre pen name make believe disguise cloak for most of the musical ideas I get. The album has accumulated over many years. I recorded in Boston, New York, and Western Massachusetts when ideas and opportunities came along. It is almost like a journal covering 15 years. I would wait until I could record with my friends, like Bob Fay, Malcolm Travis, and Dion Nania. ” Richard Davies 2016

Following on the 2014 reissue of their past discography; “Flashbacks and Dream Sequences: The Story Of The Moles” and a triumphant show at Glastonbury, Davies has gathered his like-minded cohorts and written and recorded a new album of Moles magic during the moments when he is not practicing as a trial attorney in Massachusetts. ‘Tonight’s Music’ is due for release later this year on Fire Records.

Slosh
07-14-2016, 01:52 PM
I just ordered the FLAC download to be released August 18 (or sooner, usually you can download a little before the vinyl or CD ships).