Oppo rules! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oppo rules!

RoyY51
03-15-2016, 06:07 PM
I am posting this to tell you about the best customer service experience that I've ever had.

Last week I contacted Oppo Electronics in Menlo Park CA, regarding a problem that I was having with my BDP-83. The tray ejection was getting increasingly problematic: it would never open on the first attempt, rarely on the second, but usually on the third...and it was getting increasingly finicky. I also explained that I was the second owner, had bought it on ebay 3 years ago, and was only hoping that they would agree to repair it, with me (of course) paying for those repairs as well as shipping both ways. Their response floored me!

They told me that if I would ship it to them, they would repair it, clean it, upgrade the firmware to the latest revisions, and ship it back to me...all at NO CHARGE!

Who does that?

Oppo has exceeded my every expectation, and has earned a customer for life! BTW, they received my unit on Monday afternoon, repaired it, and are shipping it back tomorrow! That's some crazy turn-around time!

You just don't find caring, honorable companies like this anymore. You always hear about how great their products are...to that I can now add that their customer service is also World-Class!

Hyfi
03-16-2016, 03:39 AM
I have had several great experiences with OPPO. They get back to you within a few hours or less and usually give you exactly what you ask for if reasonable.

By doing this for you, does it make you want to upgrade at some point?

I have 2 OPPO 93s and would not hesitate to get another if needed.

RoyY51
03-19-2016, 05:43 PM
I have had several great experiences with OPPO. They get back to you within a few hours or less and usually give you exactly what you ask for if reasonable.

By doing this for you, does it make you want to upgrade at some point?

I have 2 OPPO 93s and would not hesitate to get another if needed.

As far as upgrading, I have the same philosophy regarding audio equipment as I have with my car and my marriage...drive it 'til the wheels fall off! All my equipment was the best I could afford at the time, and I see no reason to replace it until it goes belly-up! But when the time comes, I will definitely buy another Oppo!

harley .guy07
04-16-2016, 07:34 AM
I also have a BDP 83 and love how well it was packaged when I got it all the way to the build quality of the device. Even the Firmware updates are set up to give you options on how you want to install them. I have not used their customer service as I have not had any problems with my device but from what I have read it is top notch. I think there are several companies out there that could learn a thing or two from Oppo on how to take care of customer relationship management