Headphone [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Headphone

Opticals2
04-29-2004, 12:09 AM
Currently using a Sony MDR-7506 Professional Series for studio referencing. Due to wear and tear, the pad is giving way.
Thinking of changing to Sennheiser Hd 280 pro or the Sennheiser Hd 25sp.
Which do you think is better?

WmAx
04-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Currently using a Sony MDR-7506 Professional Series for studio referencing. Due to wear and tear, the pad is giving way.
Thinking of changing to Sennheiser Hd 280 pro or the Sennheiser Hd 25sp.
Which do you think is better?
You are not going to find a more accurate headphone, IMO, then the MDR-7506 as far as tonal accuracy for monitoring live feeds. I have compared quite a few for this application, and the 7506 is extremely close, tonally to live feeds using linear omnidirectional microphones, standing at the same distance from the source as the microphones and comparing headhone to live sources. Saying that, I must admit that I do not particularly like using the MDR-7506 for general listening. I think you need to ask yourself if you want the most accurate monitor headphone, or one that is more pleasurable to listen too. These two types are often not one in the same.

-Chris

Opticals2
04-29-2004, 07:13 PM
I agreed with you about the sony is accurate. But due to the pad wear and there's no replacement, I don't know if I should get another sony. The HD 25sp is cheaper and the bass is very tight too. Anyway, the Sony 7506 is a great pair of headphone.

WmAx
04-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Their are replacement pads. You can use direct replacements(about $16.00/pair):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=ARbM7baRAY!571692270?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=283532&is=REG

Or, you can use replacement pads for Beyer DT-250, that are a velour type material, and more comfortable.

-Chris

I agreed with you about the sony is accurate. But due to the pad wear and there's no replacement, I don't know if I should get another sony. The HD 25sp is cheaper and the bass is very tight too. Anyway, the Sony 7506 is a great pair of headphone.

Opticals2
04-29-2004, 10:05 PM
OK..

Proclem solved...
A very happy man now.

Thanks everybody.
Hope I can get those pad soon..