A rookie trying to build a decent home theater [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A rookie trying to build a decent home theater

Manuel
03-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Hello everyone:0)
So let me tell you the only reason I know some brands and ideas it's because of this website so thank you
This is my setup hardly no budget so it's taking me 10 years to build it..
Denon avr3803
I have a 3000watts powered speaker as center for karaoke nights.. I do have a center in the closet somewhere Boston acoustic cr2
Boston vr960 front
Sorround A Boston acoustic cr9
Sorround B Polk audio rti38
7.1 Sorround klipsh rs3
And two Sony sa-wm500 subs
Last 1 Defenetive technology 10 " 700 watts sub.. What does everyone think of this.. Good no good what seems right or wrong thank you much for your opinions and advice..

thekid
03-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Welcome to AR!

That is a good start and probably works well for a HT set-up.
Keep learning about the hobby so that you know what to look for and what to avoid so that if an opportunity to upgrade your equipment comes along you can take advantage of it. I have built all of my systems on a a budget and you would be surprised what can be found on Craigslist or at local thrifts.

Good luck!

Mr Peabody
03-14-2016, 06:19 PM
The Denon is a good receiver, especially the 38nn series, although it's a bit behind on the latest surround technology.

It sounds like for what you use it for the system is pretty good. It is best for surround sound to have all your speakers match in timbre. At least the odd brands are for rear. The Klipsch would be first to go, nothing to do with quality, it's just they would sound the most different. If your center is powered, I assume you are using the center preamp outs of your receiver?