No Country For Old Men [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : No Country For Old Men

Smokey
03-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Recently got a chance to watch this 2007 movie directed by Coen Brothers (Fargo). Although not as refine as their previous film Fargo, No Country For Old Men have its special moments and scenes that make it well worth watching.

The story is simple. Josh Brolin as a Vietnam veteran accidently come cross a drug dela gone back while hunting, and find two millin doolrs is a case. So he takes the money. So not only drug cratel killer come after him, but also local sherrif play by Tommy Lee Jones.

As with other Coen films, the violence cam be over the top, and NCFOM is no exception. But story line is captivating with underlying humor injected here and there.

The most memorable scenes in the film is probably between the killer and gas station attendant in middle of nowhere in the desert. The dialog that goes between these two is so captivating.

4 out of 5 stars :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FimuhEVHcVI/U8HCL1dvWPI/AAAAAAAATCk/5VP5EQqLdjw/s1600/No+Country+for+Old+Men+Gene+Jones.png

Worf101
03-12-2016, 08:34 PM
Yeah.... I loved this film when I saw it but haven't watched it since. It was good drama.

Worf

sjtm
03-13-2016, 08:56 AM
Javier Bardem's best work. Might say the same for Brolin.

Feanor
03-14-2016, 05:23 AM
It was a very good film but not the sort I care to watch a second time.

JoeE SP9
03-14-2016, 02:08 PM
It was a very good film but not the sort I care to watch a second time.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I liked the film a lot. However, multiple viewings are not gonna' happen.