Revenant [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Revenant

Worf101
02-27-2016, 06:54 PM
"Revenant" - A decent film that's about 30 minutes too long. Too many dream sequences... too many scenes of abject frigid misery. Plenty of gore and violence and very realistic on both counts. Still, after all these months it was almost sold out. Lots of legs with this film. The median age of the audience must've been about 65 though.... interesting.

Worf

blackraven
02-27-2016, 10:06 PM
Good film, not great. Slow at times. Frigid water scenes very unbelievable as we would all be dead after just a few minutes in the freezing water and temperatures, not to mention dying of sepsis from his wounds from the bear attack (that's just the Dr in me speaking out loud, LOL).

I did enjoy the film but I agree, it was a little too long.

Just got back a few minutes ago from seeing "Dead Pool". It was a fun pop corn movie.

bfalls
02-29-2016, 05:17 AM
+1 on Dead Pool. Very tongue in cheek. I opted for the ATMOS theater experience over the IMAX for the higher resolution video, HDR and audio. The screen was plenty big enough. There were a lot of funny, intelligent one liners. Ryan Reynolds did a great job developing the character. I hope to see this turn into a franchise.

I also really enjoyed the ATMOS sound. Although there weren't a lot of height effects, I felt the ceiling speakers added to the overall immersive soundtrack. I sat almost mid theater, mid screen to get the best overall experience. The level was just on the brink of being too loud, but I was a little closer to the front than rear. I'm guessing if I were in the exact middle it would have been perfect. The bass was clean and punchy. I didn't feel it was overwhelming. Dialogue was clear and the effects were amazing. I plan to but the BD. There's so much to the dialogue, I think you can watch it several times and pick up something new each time. Not your usual Super Hero movie. Leave the kids at home.

blackraven
02-29-2016, 10:07 AM
The producers of DP were smart. They made it an R rated movie. It worked. It would have been too campy had they not done that. I appreciated the self deprecating humor of Ryan Reynolds in his references about himself as an actor getting by on his good looks as opposed to his acting ability and the bust of the Green Lantern movie.

When I saw it, people were applauding in a good way at the end of the movie.