The Man in the High Castle [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Man in the High Castle

Worf101
02-21-2016, 02:55 PM
This series in only on Amazon which I why many you might not have heard of it or seen it. It's basically an "alternative history" or "alternate universe" story in the Nazi's and Japanese have won WWII. In this world the Nazi's developed the bomb first and destroyed Washington, also Roosevelt was assassinated. Japan took the West Coast up to the Rockies and Nazi's took everything else with the Rockies remaining as a "neutral Zone". Of course there's still resistance but the Nazi's have killed every "inferior" they could find not so the Japanese. Now it's the 1960's and Uncle Adolf's gettin' old.

It's a good if not great series you should check out. Word of warning though, if you're non-white and not a Christian you will find this show VERY disturbing.

Worf

Feanor
02-21-2016, 06:10 PM
This series in only on Amazon which I why many you might not have heard of it or seen it. It's basically an "alternative history" or "alternate universe" story in the Nazi's and Japanese have won WWII. In this world the Nazi's developed the bomb first and destroyed Washington, also Roosevelt was assassinated. Japan took the West Coast up to the Rockies and Nazi's took everything else with the Rockies remaining as a "neutral Zone". Of course there's still resistance but the Nazi's have killed every "inferior" they could find not so the Japanese. Now it's the 1960's and Uncle Adolf's gettin' old.

It's a good if not great series you should check out. Word of warning though, if you're non-white and not a Christian you will find this show VERY disturbing.

Worf

I don't know whether I'll get to see the series but I'll catch it if I can.

Meanwhile I have read the book on which it's based by the prolific Sci-fi writer, Philip K. Dick. The Man in the High Tower is a decent, imaginative story of the Dick legacy, although it isn't a particularly plausible scenario, either in general or in particular.

Movies from Dick's books include Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, The Adjustment Bureau, and several others. Dick died tragically of suicide in 1982 at age 53.