Vinyl if the new crack and Michael Fremer is my dealer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl if the new crack and Michael Fremer is my dealer

sjtm
01-30-2016, 06:30 PM
I think I have read almost every record review on Analogue Planet, and have been unable to resist buying based on Michael Fremer's picks. I do not know what most people think of his recommendations, but so far he is batting 1000 for me. I just listened to two of the albums in the Stevie Ray Vaughn box set "Texas Hurricane" by Analogue Productions - Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand the Weather. There may be better sounding recordings than these, but I will not be needing to buy them -these are just amazing.

I also found an open but unplayed box set of early Springsteen recordings that Fremer spoke well of. Like he, I was never a big Springsteen fan, but these have brought me around.

I am on the slippery slope with Fremer. Just ordered the Beatles Mono box set, Van Morrison's Moon Dance and Astral Weeks; Joni Mitchell's Blue and Ladies of the Canyon and Patrick Higgins Baccanalia.

Fortunately, I also discovered Pop Market, which has softened the blow to the wallet.

Mr Peabody
01-30-2016, 07:09 PM
You really did get the bug, LOL. Thanks for the feedback. I have SRV CD's, Texas Flood sound quality is pretty bad I may have to look into the LP you mentioned. I also picked up last year a SACD of Sly Is Crying, it isn't bad, just not as impressive as I thought it might be.

Finch Platte
02-02-2016, 02:34 PM
You really did get the bug, LOL. Thanks for the feedback. I have SRV CD's, Texas Flood sound quality is pretty bad I may have to look into the LP you mentioned. I also picked up last year a SACD of Sly Is Crying, it isn't bad, just not as impressive as I thought it might be.

Sly & The Family Stone? Sly Stallone??

And why is he crying?