Onkyo 804 vs Marantz 7500 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo 804 vs Marantz 7500

Dooger
01-30-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm in the market for a new receiver for my home theater. I have 2 on my radar for sale used. i wanted to see if you guys can give me the pros an cons or just your vote on which is a better buy. im considering a Onkyo 804 for $220 or the Marantz 7500 for $250. Im currently running a Onkyo 601 so either of these would be a step up but want to make sure I make the better purchase if possible.

my set up is a Epson 8500 HD projector with a 120" Carada screen, Onkyo 601 receiver, samsumg Blu ray, Polk Audio RTi series front towers, center, an bookshelf rears with Valendyne 12" powered sub.

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated so i dont miss out on what seems to be pretty good products an prices.

blackraven
01-30-2016, 06:14 PM
I am a Marantz fan and like the more natural sound. Both are good receivers though

Mr Peabody
01-30-2016, 07:02 PM
I also prefer the Marantz sound, BUT, for home theater I'd choose the one with the most up to date features. I also don't think Onkyo came on strong in HT receivers until the n05 series. They were alright but it was like when the n05 came out Onkyo was ahead of everyone and really became a leader in HT receivers. Today I think they've lost a bit of ground.

Both of those are fairly old, I would look for one a bit more current.