marantz sr-19ex help. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : marantz sr-19ex help.

biker349
01-10-2016, 05:09 AM
hi, i just purchased a marantz sr-19ex. the receiver is mint and all functions work except the cd player. i know that the cd player probably needs to be re-programmed, but i can't figure out how to reprogram. the seller has no clue. when i plug in my cd player the amp says cd4 i was able to get it to just say cd and then when i pressed the cd again it said no data. i would really appreciate it if someone could explain how to get the cd to play on this system. i do have the original working remote. i'm in vero beach fl. if anyone is in the area.
thanks and hope someone can help.

Mr Peabody
01-10-2016, 07:13 PM
I'm assuming since you posted in "Vintage Gear" you have the Marantz 19 classic receiver built in 1970. If so, really nice piece. But also if so, I don't understand what you mean when you say, "I can get the amp to say CD 4", a vintage receiver would have no such read out and probably would say CD anything as they weren't on the market for over a decade from then.

A CD doesn't have to be programmed or reprogrammed. You put a disc in and push "play". The connection outputs on the back of the CD player should be plugged into one of the AUX inputs on the Marantz. Then when wanting to hear the CD make sure the Marantz is set to the same AUX where the CDP is plugged into.

If your CD player says "no signal" or, typically "no disc" try another disc, if the same thing the CD player is most likely broke.

biker349
01-11-2016, 12:25 PM
thank you. i believe the receiver was built between 2000-2005. so maybe i posted in the wrong forum. the amp has a built in screen that shows what input you are using. every input works except the cd. when i plug the cd player into another input it works. the receiver is very complicated and i believe someone previously was playing with it and somehow reprogrammed the cd input. i am trying to figure out how to reprogram it to accept my cd player. if i'm in the wrong forum can you please direct me to the proper forum.
thanks for your help.

Mr Peabody
01-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Hopefully, you still have the remote, that will make things easier. I'm assuming then this is a home theater receiver?

If it is a HT receiver, let me explain something first. You can connect the CD player via the analog outputs (L/R red/white) or a digital connection using either a optical or coaxial digital cable. Using the analog output the digital information from CD is converted to analog in your CDP. Using a digital connection the digital information from the CD remains in digital form and is decoded to analog inside the receiver. I know it's a pain but I'd try it both ways and keep the set up that sounds the best. This is assuming the CDP has digital outputs. Most do.

If the front says CD4 then you may be able to look on back of the receiver and just plug into CD4 and get sound.

I can't tell you exactly what to do without seeing your menu, but, to set or change the inputs you go into your set up menu and look around, what to enter on may say "inputs". You have to look on back of the receiver, decide which input your connection is to, or which one you wan to use, then go to the "CD" input in the menu of the receiver to assign that.

As example, let's say my receiver has a "CD" input on the display, go to "CD" in your menu, there you should have a selection of inputs listed that match the inputs on the back of the receiver. So if you are plugged into "digital 1", you highlight and enter/select that, or, "analog 2", select that.

Before starting make sure things are quiet and you're in the stress free zone, LOL

biker349
01-12-2016, 06:47 AM
thank you so much for your time, effort and expertise. i will try what you say. i have located a user manual. it's very complicated, but i assume that i should also be able to find my answer there.
the best, harv