Klipsch Heresy 1 and NAD T744 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch Heresy 1 and NAD T744

Select4less
01-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Just purchased pair of Klipsch Heresy 1 speakers, (1980) Using with my NAD T744, They sound very good to me , just wondered what others think of the combination, and any suggestions, to make speakers even better with other Receivers, thanks fir any suggestions

blackraven
01-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I believe Mr P has a pair of these and can comment on them. I believe they had a very good reputation.

They way to improve sound is to use good cables a good music source and better electronics. It all depends upon how much you want to spend.

What's your budget?

Mr Peabody
01-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I had a pair of Heresy III for a while. I'm familiar with some NAD but not your exact receiver, however, I think the NAD would match well, the Heresy are 8 ohm, will play loud with little power, and the NAD's darker sound on some models should warm up the Heresy's sound.

The Heresy rolls off the bottom end pretty fast, I think around 50Hz, for music a sub would help but it would have to be of good quality to be quick enough to sound good with the Heresy.

I'm not sure which series began offering two sets of binding posts, I think that may have started with the III. Anyway I had a Bryston 3Bst on the 12's and an old Parasound hca-750 on the horns, those babies rocked.