Paul Rodgers Royal Sessions Vinyl [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paul Rodgers Royal Sessions Vinyl

sjtm
01-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Found this highly regarded album last night on Amazon Marketplace being offered by a couple of reputable sellers for under $17 new including shipping. For those who have not followed his solo career after Free and Bad Company he has had some interesting projects. His Muddy Waters album is in my regular rotation as well.

Mr Peabody
01-02-2016, 08:56 PM
I like Paul, I have two of the Firm albums, I think they only had 2, and The Law which wasn't as good as the Firm, IMO. He seems to keep himself busy.

sjtm
01-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Thanks for putting me on to The Firm. Paul Rodgers and Jimmy Page! Much of my misspent youth was devoted to listening to early Zeppelin (and still is). I listened to several cuts on Youtube - particularly enjoyed Midnight Moonlight.

Mr Peabody
01-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Were you aware a few years back Queen asked Rodgers to do vocals for the band? They did a big tour and put out a live album but I can't think of the name.

You may also be interested in an album Page and Plant did together back in the mid 90's called No Quarter. It's Zeppelin songs rearranged and some Middle Eastern musicians added. I like it.

Was that you who mentioned in a post you listen to hard Rock like Godsmack? Either way, check out Sully Erna's solo album Avalon. It's different from Godsmack but it has become one of my favorite albums.

sjtm
01-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Listened to a few cuts of No Quarter. Hard for me not to like( probably due to Led Zeppelin mind programming starting at an early age) , so I bought a copy. Thanks for the heads up on this.