I just scored 6th row floors for Dream Theater! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I just scored 6th row floors for Dream Theater!

ForeverAutumn
12-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Dead centre. We're gonna be covered in James LaBrie's spit and sweat before the end of the night.

The new album is released to the world on January 29th. It's a concept album and, based on the 34 track listing, I suspect two CDs.

I can't wait!

Finch Platte
12-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Dead centre. We're gonna be covered in James LaBrie's spit and sweat before the end of the night.

The new album is released to the world on January 29th. It's a concept album and, based on the 34 track listing, I suspect two CDs.

I can't wait!

And the world takes a big sigh of indifference.

I don't know what's worse, being covered in The Cheese's spit and snot, or listening to him sing.

:D

ForeverAutumn
12-18-2015, 11:01 AM
LOL! I was thinking of you as I posted this thread. :p

Jack in Wilmington
12-18-2015, 11:47 AM
And the world takes a big sigh of indifference.

I don't know what's worse, being covered in The Cheese's spit and snot, or listening to him sing.

:D

There is a post over at "Progressive Ears" about the most annoying voice in prog. and his name was mentioned numerous times. Maybe that's why I could never get into DT.

Finch Platte
12-18-2015, 04:09 PM
There is a post over at "Progressive Ears" about the most annoying voice in prog. and his name was mentioned numerous times. Maybe that's why I could never get into DT.

"Maybe"? I guarantee that's the reason. He sucks. And blows.

It just continues to amaze me that such stellar musicians would have such a half-fast singer. His solo albums bomb, he's denounced around the world as being a suck-fast vocalist and he has no clue what to do with himself when he's not singing.

I think FA likes him because of his flowing tresses. :)

Finch Platte
12-18-2015, 04:12 PM

I can't wait!

And, hey, if you're going to spell it 'Centre', ya gotta spell it 'Theatre'.

Jack in Wilmington
12-18-2015, 05:39 PM
And, hey, if you're going to spell it 'Centre', ya gotta spell it 'Theatre'.

And you must type with your pinky in the air.

ForeverAutumn
12-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Hey, it's not my fault the band spells it wrong. LaBrie is a Canuck, I bet he spells it Theatre. :)

And as for his flowing tresses...EW!

Finch Platte
01-25-2016, 07:09 AM
Hey, it's not my fault the band spells it wrong. LaBrie is a Canuck, I bet he spells it Theatre. :)

And as for his flowing tresses...EW!

So, you must have heard the album by now, what's your take? Ready to scalp your tickets, yet? ;)

Dream Theater - The Astonishing (Album Review) - The Prog Report (http://progreport.com/dream-theater-the-astonishing-album-review/)

ForeverAutumn
01-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Nope. Haven't heard it. It's not released until Jan. 29th...and it's not even showing up on Amazon.ca yet!!! I've been wanting to pre-order it, but no link. WTFs up with that?

ForeverAutumn
02-02-2016, 06:48 PM
So, you must have heard the album by now, what's your take? Ready to scalp your tickets, yet? ;)

Dream Theater - The Astonishing (Album Review) - The Prog Report (http://progreport.com/dream-theater-the-astonishing-album-review/)

I've given it one full listen so far. I likey. It's like Dream Theater on Broadway during a Martian attack. :)

Finch Platte
02-04-2016, 10:40 AM
I've given it one full listen so far. I likey. It's like Dream Theater on Broadway during a Martian attack. :)

Lol, ok. :D