New Sony TV w/ Pioneer sc 6 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Sony TV w/ Pioneer sc 6

Dharris
12-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Just bought the Sony XBR55X810C, my question is does my Pioneer Elite sc61 degrade my video feed? Should I connect my Dish Net and Blu ray player direct to tv?

tyvm,
Don

harley .guy07
12-16-2015, 04:46 PM
I would say it would not degrade it at all. My system has a Marantz unit that I run all of my video through to my Samsung tv and it works great and does not degrade it. You could try both just to make sure but I would not think it would degrade it and with the switching being in the Pioneer it would make the setup much easier.

Mr Peabody
12-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Let me say for now I'm too lazy to look up the specs on your gear. As Harley said there shouldn't be any degradation, with the receiver and TV being comparable in resolution capability. For instance, if the receiver can pass 1080p via HDMI you will be fine. Even if the TV is 4k it will upgrade the signal to it's 4k native resolution. Where you could get some loss, if the receiver is not 4k and you can actually play a 4k source. I believe Dish has some supposed 4k PPV, but not positive.

I think it's better to keep your audio & video going in the same direction for lip sync issues. Not to mention less cables and hook up.