Nad Amp with Mission Speakers (2 floorstanding and 1 bass speaker) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nad Amp with Mission Speakers (2 floorstanding and 1 bass speaker)

daveygirron
12-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Hi All, I'm a complete newbie to this forum so go easy on me if I repeat some old questions etc.

I'm have just purchased some mission floorstanding 703 speakers (not received yet) and I'm hoping they'll go nicely with an old NAD C 305 that I have. But I'm a little bit worried about the impedance and overall compatability.

The Nad says Min 4 ohms on its output. I havent got the missions yet so not sure what impedance they are. I have also got in the speaker package a 70c2 centre speaker but cant use that in this set up can I (?). If anyone could advise how they would set up this system I would be very interested.

I'm a bit wary about getting the impedance correct as I do recall a fire in a shop that I worked in when the wrong speakers were wired into a particular amp, that can't happen here can it?

Feanor
12-04-2015, 05:09 AM
Welcome to AR Forums, Davey.

According to THIS (http://www.hifidatabase.com/Detailed/Mission_703_2567.php) source and others the Mission 703's are 8 ohm speakers so they should be no trouble at all for the NAD C350.

Even if they were 4 ohm they would be no problem for the NAD. Actually very few mainstream speakers are rated under 4 ohms and though a few dip below that for narrow ranges of the audio spectrum, this rarely poses a problem for amps rated for 4 ohms.

daveygirron
12-04-2015, 05:58 AM
Welcome to AR Forums, Davey.

According to THIS (http://www.hifidatabase.com/Detailed/Mission_703_2567.php) source and others the Mission 703's are 8 ohm speakers so they should be no trouble at all for the NAD C350.

Even if they were 4 ohm they would be no problem for the NAD. Actually very few mainstream speakers are rated under 4 ohms and though a few dip below that for narrow ranges of the audio spectrum, this rarely poses a problem for amps rated for 4 ohms.

Many thanks. DG

Mr Peabody
12-04-2015, 01:52 PM
You couldn't use the center channel with a stereo amp. The center is for use with a surround sound set up.

The 8 ohm Mission will be a good match with the NAD.