Component Switching for HDTV... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Component Switching for HDTV...

AZHT
04-28-2004, 10:42 AM
I noticed some receivers like mid range Yamaha's have 60hz for component switching while Denon's use 100hz. Is there a major benefit going with the 100hz units for picture quality? I want to hook up a DVD player, my HD cable box, and my Xbox.

woodman
04-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I noticed some receivers like mid range Yamaha's have 60hz for component switching while Denon's use 100hz. Is there a major benefit going with the 100hz units for picture quality? I want to hook up a DVD player, my HD cable box, and my Xbox.

No, there is absolutely, positively, absitively, posilutely, without any shadow of a doubt, no benefit whatsoever, let alone a major benefit to having 100MHz bandwidth in a video switching circuit rather than 60MHz. In fact, 60MHz is overkill ... more than is necessary. Anyone that tries to tell you any differently, simply doesn't know what they're talking about ... in other words, they're talking out of their ass.

Hope this helps you to choose a Yamaha receiver over a Denon, which is what would be in your best interests to do.