New James Bond Movie [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New James Bond Movie

Jack in Wilmington
11-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Saw the new James Bond movie today and we were thoroughly entertained. Great car chases as usual, along with plenty of villains to hate and a few lovely ladies to round out things. There were new actors taking over some of the tried and true roles that we've come to know and a couple of explosions that hit you in your chest, that I haven't felt in a while. A good 4.5 out of 5 stars. A rainy Tuesday and the 11.00 am show was pretty full.

blackraven
11-22-2015, 10:01 AM
We enjoyed it as well. It clearly paid homage to the Bond films of the 60's with the huge henchman taking the roll of Oddjob as well as the torture scene. The scene early in the movie where Bond lands on the sofa is also an example. There was also more tongue in cheek dialog.

I really like Daniel Craig as Bond, more so than Connery. I like the dark side of him and the darker nature of the movies. If I had to rate the Bond movies, it would be the Craig films, then Connery's, Brosnan, Dalton, Lazenby, and Roger Moore's last as his films were terrible IMO.

Feanor
11-22-2015, 12:15 PM
We enjoyed it as well. It clearly paid homage to the Bond films of the 60's with the huge henchman taking the roll of Oddjob as well as the torture scene. The scene early in the movie where Bond lands on the sofa is also an example. There was also more tongue in cheek dialog.

I really like Daniel Craig as Bond, more so than Connery. I like the dark side of him and the darker nature of the movies. If I had to rate the Bond movies, it would be the Craig films, then Connery's, Brosnan, Dalton, Lazenby, and Roger Moore's last as his films were terrible IMO.

I'll have to catch this latest Bond. I gotta agree that Craig is the best Bond and a more 21st century character, though Connery was a great runner up considering the era.

Cindereller
12-11-2015, 12:26 AM
I really love James Bond!!!!!! love Daniel, so handsome!

recoveryone
04-03-2016, 01:17 PM
I first viewed this on demand and the movie was good. I picked it up on BD this week and my mouth fell open, the PQ was stunnig and the SQ was over the top great. Music score was crisp, the explosion shook the room and this was on my bedroom setup. Will have to watch again on the familyroom setup soon. SW will be in on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack in Wilmington
04-04-2016, 05:10 AM
I first viewed this on demand and the movie was good. I picked it up on BD this week and my mouth fell open, the PQ was stunnig and the SQ was over the top great. Music score was crisp, the explosion shook the room and this was on my bedroom setup. Will have to watch again on the familyroom setup soon. SW will be in on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the James Bond. I'll pick it up when I get SW on Tuesday at Best Buy.