So guess which band I'm going to see? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So guess which band I'm going to see?

Swish
11-07-2015, 03:43 AM
Super Furry Animals! The show isn't until May 7th, but tickets went on sale yesterday and I have a crew of 7 others going along.They haven't recorded a new record since 2005 (Love Kraft), but I'm really looking forward to this show.

I do have some other shows coming up much sooner; Dave Rawlings Machine, Hiss Golden Messenger, and The Ocean Blue, all in the next week or so.

I was thinking about all the great 'new' bands I discovered because of Rave Recs, and I've seen many of them live, many more than once; The Shins, Beulah, The National, The Decemberists, Spoon, Arcade Fire, Andrew Bird, Gillian Welch, Neko Case, Pinback, ...well, there might be a few I discovered elsewhere, but most of these were found right here at Rave Recs. A big THANK YOU to all who contributed over the years.

audiobill
11-07-2015, 10:05 AM
I do have some other shows coming up much sooner

Evening Hymns plays Kingston Ontario's Grad Club, on Saturday November 14 and we will be there.

Just saw the Bradley Cooper film ALOHA, on a flight home and low and behold, one of the tracks in the film was an Evening Hymns song.
Very cool. The movie btw was just okay.

Looking forward to what others are seeing live in the next couple of months.

unleasHell
11-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Cool, I going to see the Psychedelic Furs at the Disneyland House of Blues next Saturday...

ForeverAutumn
11-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Sadly, I have no shows coming up before the end of the year other than taking my 79-yr-old mother to see Trans-Siberian-Orchestra. That should be interesting! :)

Finch Platte
11-08-2015, 02:40 AM
I saw fliers for a Dave's Machine gig here in NorCal somewhere a few weeks ago, and it kinda startled me because it was such a small out-of-the-way place. Would be curious to know how they were after you go. Not seeing any sign of a NorCal gig on their tour schedule, maybe it was an old flier.

I've got tix to see PIL in a couple of weeks, woohoo! At a fairly small place in Sacramento, Ace Of Spades. Should be a sweaty good time.

Swish
11-10-2015, 06:53 AM
I saw fliers for a Dave's Machine gig here in NorCal somewhere a few weeks ago, and it kinda startled me because it was such a small out-of-the-way place. Would be curious to know how they were after you go. Not seeing any sign of a NorCal gig on their tour schedule, maybe it was an old flier.

I've got tix to see PIL in a couple of weeks, woohoo! At a fairly small place in Sacramento, Ace Of Spades. Should be a sweaty good time.

We saw Dave and Gillian at The Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach back in May of 2003, and it was an awesome show. Small venue, intimate/quiet setting. Oh, and I got my picture taken with Gillian, as many of the old-timers here may recall. 9906

ForeverAutumn
11-10-2015, 05:47 PM
We saw Dave and Gillian at The Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach back in May of 2003, and it was an awesome show. Small venue, intimate/quiet setting. Oh, and I got my picture taken with Gillian, as many of the old-timers here may recall. 9906

Look how young you were back then!

:biggrin5:

Finch Platte
11-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Look how young you were back then!

:biggrin5:

And handsome! What the hell happened?!?

Swish
11-12-2015, 05:04 AM
You and Fall Girl can bite me!

Swish
11-19-2015, 04:57 AM

The Rawlings show was really good. We were late getting to the venue as there was a really bad accident on the PA Turnpike. We lost @ one hour and made it just before the band came on stage, and there was no opening act. Bonus! They took an intermission after one set, and did two encores.

Here's the set list;

The Weekend
Bodysnatchers
Candy
Wayside/Back in Time (Gillian Welch cover)
To Be Young (Ryan Adams cover)
Bells of Harlem
Keep It Clean (Charley Jordan cover)
Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (Bob Dylan cover)
It's Too Easy

Set 2
Ruby
The Last Pharaoh
He Will Set Your Fields on Fire (Bill Monroe cover)
Sweet Tooth
Short Haired Woman Blues
Stewball ([traditional] cover)
Method Acting / Cortez the Killer
Queen Jane Approximately (Bob Dylan cover)

Encore:
Look at Miss Ohio (Gillian Welch cover)
Pilgrim (You Can't Go Home)
Going Down the Road Feeling Bad (Henry Whitter cover)

Encore 2:
The Weight (The Band cover)
Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby ([traditional] cover)

bobsticks
12-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Super Furry Animals? That should keep the balls busying!