First Senior Citizen Discount... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : First Senior Citizen Discount...

thekid
10-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Stumbled across a Yamaha S2700 DVD/SACD player in a local thrift. It was their TOTL player back in 06-07 at about $1K. They priced it at $6.98 but when I got to the counter I was asked if I was a Senior Citizen - (my mind and body refuse to believe it) and technically my birthday a couple months ago made me eligible for a 20% discount :D.

Build quality seems very good and it is no lightweight at 14lbs. I paired it up with my Adcom amp/pre and it is a very impressive player for regular CD and SACD use. Hate to break up my Adcom set but this unit just blows my Adcom GCD 575 away and has the added bonus of playing SACD.

Mr Peabody
10-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Wow, what else can you say. You have a audio deal sonar and now senior discount, apparently some, or, maybe just you, have it like that, LOL

thekid
10-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Wow, what else can you say. You have a audio deal sonar and now senior discount, apparently some, or, maybe just you, have it like that, LOL

Well I got a little lucky with this one. Someone had set it up to test it but did not know that the wall socket was dead. You actually have to have them unlock a dedicated wall socket in the Electronic section to test gear. I am sure if that person had been able to power it up it would have been gone.....

Feanor
10-12-2015, 03:22 AM
Really great score, Kid.

Jack in Wilmington
10-12-2015, 05:51 AM
Stumbled across a Yamaha S2700 DVD/SACD player in a local thrift. It was their TOTL player back in 06-07 at about $1K. They priced it at $6.98 but when I got to the counter I was asked if I was a Senior Citizen - (my mind and body refuse to believe it) and technically my birthday a couple months ago made me eligible for a 20% discount :D.

Build quality seems very good and it is no lightweight at 14lbs. I paired it up with my Adcom amp/pre and it is a very impressive player for regular CD and SACD use. Hate to break up my Adcom set but this unit just blows my Adcom GCD 575 away and has the added bonus of playing SACD.

Do you have one of those baskets on your walker that you could put it in until you got it out to the car?

thekid
10-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Do you have one of those baskets on your walker that you could put it in until you got it out to the car?

LOL. I didn't have my walker but I was afraid to put it down because I was was not sure if I could have remembered where I left it.... :D

Really great score, Kid.

Thanks! I'm really happy with it. It didn't come with the remote which I think I will need to maximize audio performance. According to the owner's manual you can shut down the video portion of the unit to improve the audio playback.

recoveryone
10-17-2015, 07:19 AM
One more year to go, Denny's here I come !!!!!