A list of old-timers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A list of old-timers

Finch Platte
10-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Swish's response to Whooptee in another thread reminded me that I have a contact list from wayyyy back in the day when we used to do a lot of trading. Here are some, and I'll add more as the day goes on:

Masonjar

Chip B

Jim Clark

Snowbunny

DLD

YECH

Maf/Ex-Lion Tamer

Chrisnz

Dave G

Ibelafin

Brad H

Finch Platte

Audiogirl

Darren H

V

Rae

JDaniel

HYFI

Audiobill

PowerPopGuy/Klaatu76

Davey

Jack70

DMK

Kam

Swish

Alung

3Lock Box

Slosh

Mosse Lips

Mr. MidFi

Barry L

Forever Autumn

Desade

Tugmcmartin

Hifi Bryan/Mr. Peabody

Over50

Allears

Demetrio

RPM

DPM

Dmb_fan

Troy

Stone

Tentoze

Nobody

Skewiff

Les

Dusty Chalk

Who'd I miss?

ForeverAutumn
10-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Hyfi and Peabody aren't the same guy.

Yech isn't human and, therefore, doesn't count.

I miss DarrenH, Mike, and Demetrio.

Feanor
10-09-2015, 04:31 AM
Swish's response to Whooptee in another thread reminded me that I have a contact list from wayyyy back in the day when we used to do a lot of trading. Here are some, and I'll add more as the day goes on:

Masonjar
Chip B
Jim Clark
Snowbunny
DLD
YECH
Maf/Ex-Lion Tamer
Chrisnz
Dave G
Ibelafin
Brad H
Finch Platte
Audiogirl
Darren H
V
Rae
JDaniel
HYFI
Audiobill
PowerPopGuy/Klaatu76
Davey
Jack70
DMK
Kam
Swish
Alung
3Lock Box
Slosh
Mosse Lips
Mr. MidFi
Barry L
Forever Autumn
Desade
Tugmcmartin
Hifi Bryan/Mr. Peabody
Over50
Allears
Demetrio
RPM
DPM
Dmb_fan
Troy
Stone
Tentoze
Nobody
Skewiff
Les
Dusty Chalk

Who'd I miss?

ME. Guess I rank somewhere behind Nobody.

Feanor
10-09-2015, 04:36 AM
Who'd I miss?

ME. Guess I rank somewhere behind Nobody.

A few more prominent names ...

E-Stat
Bobsticks
Sir Terrence the Terrible
Kexodisc
Mike Anderson
Dean_Martin

recoveryone
10-09-2015, 09:09 AM
uhmmm Me

Jack in Wilmington
10-09-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm still here.

Finch Platte
10-09-2015, 03:09 PM

You sure?

And as for you other imposters, you weren't on the mailing list. Get it together, men!

JohnMichael
10-10-2015, 05:28 AM
I miss Bernd!

Feanor
10-10-2015, 06:22 AM
I miss Bernd!

Me too, he was a real gentleman.

... Then there was Lexmark.

Davey
10-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Who'd I miss?

There used to be some very cool guy that hung around here known only as dbi, Mr. Mysterioso, he's the biggest emission :)

Wait, that didn't come out right! Hey, I have some compilation mailing lists too, did a sort against yours and this is what happened ...

Red Red Meat - There's a Star Above the Manger Tonight
Bowery Electric - Beat
American Analog Set - The Golden Band
Songs: Ohia - Axxes and Ace
Palace Music - Viva Last Blues
Geraldine Fibbers - Lost Somewhere Between the Earth and My Home
Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot
Edith Frost - Calling Over Time
Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
Wheat - Hope and Adams
Portishead - Dummy
Silver Jews - American Water
Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle
Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On
PJ Harvey - Dry
Tricky - Maxinquaye
Richard Buckner - Devotion + Doubt
Laika - Silver Apples of The Moon

Oops, that's not right either, that's a best of the 90s list, and a damn good one too, let me try that again, here's a few that don't show on your comp list, though hard to compare since your list isn't even sorted, and some of them may be alternates, hard to keep track over the years ...

aewingnut
Beatlebob
BillB
bradc
Captain Beyond
cc
CZ
Daigoro
Darius
ddarch44
Doug
GinnyB
Gurduloo
J
jamie
jasn
Jerry
kks
Mike
Mike H
Pelv
Photo-John
richmon
rufus
skippy
slowride
Steve H
TBone
that'samore
ToddH/TodH
Tony
tonyw
Umrswimr

Heard from Rae recently, he's in the 2015 comp. cc posts some over at SHTV, Mike already stopped by, I sent out a bunch of PMs when I made that comp post, but not too much back. Still, getting close to reality, might almost have enough songs, have to check, maybe let it go on for another month.

ForeverAutumn
10-12-2015, 12:45 PM
You sure?

As sure as I can be about two people that I've never met. But it's the internet so for all I know they could both be women...or just one woman. :yikes:

In fact, how do I know that YOU aren't a woman? :shocked:

ForeverAutumn
10-12-2015, 12:48 PM
I miss Bernd!

Yeah, Bernd was great. I still make his Tarte au citron recipe every Christmas.

dean_martin
10-12-2015, 02:16 PM
that'samore

That was me before one of the re-register periods. The system no longer accepted an apostrophe; ergo, dean_martin.

dean_martin
10-12-2015, 02:23 PM

Bernd sent me several 12AX7 tubes. They were all singles to be used in my Bellari phono preamp which requires only one tube. I still use the Ei gold pin. He was/is a perfect gentleman (as noted by Feanor). I remember that recipe too.

Oh, I have old private messages from Lensman and Resident Loser (and the banned one markw).

unleasHell
10-13-2015, 09:09 PM
doesn't seem like you missed anyone...

Hyfi
10-14-2015, 04:34 AM
As sure as I can be about two people that I've never met. But it's the internet so for all I know they could both be women...or just one woman. :yikes:

In fact, how do I know that YOU aren't a woman? :shocked:

I'm sure. I don't have half the audio system he has, but if I did, I might be him.

Hyfi
10-14-2015, 04:37 AM
Bernd sent me several 12AX7 tubes. They were all singles to be used in my Bellari phono preamp which requires only one tube. I still use the Ei gold pin. He was/is a perfect gentleman (as noted by Feanor). I remember that recipe too.

Oh, I have old private messages from Lensman and Resident Loser (and the banned one markw).

Although MarkW was banned, he isn't who he appeared to be. We have spent many good times together with the wives over dinner and drinks and music. Unfortunately, he is currently battling Esophageal Cancer. Wish him well!

Feanor
10-14-2015, 05:57 AM
Although MarkW was banned, he isn't who he appeared to be. We have spent many good times together with the wives over dinner and drinks and music. Unfortunately, he is currently battling Esophageal Cancer. Wish him well!

I think perhaps people are more self-indulgent online than in person. MarkW was aggressively rude to me personally and others too I'd say.

Hyfi
10-14-2015, 06:34 AM
I think perhaps people are more self-indulgent online than in person. MarkW was aggressively rude to me personally and others too I'd say.

He was the same with me also, and old threads will show how we banged heads many many times. After a while we figured out we had much in common and became friends. I didn't ask anyone to change their opinion, just to wish him well in his recovery.

Feanor
10-14-2015, 06:41 AM
He {MarkW} was the same with me also, and old threads will show how we banged heads many many times. After a while we figured out we had much in common and became friends. I didn't ask anyone to change their opinion, just to wish him well in his recovery.

Indeed, I certainly wish him the best in his battle with cancer.

noddin0ff
10-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Oh no. I wish him well. While not attempting to defend his impact on others here, I really enjoyed what he brought to the board. I hope he defeats his cancer.

Jim Clark
10-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Looks like a lot of people just dropped in to see what's up. Timing, huh? Trust everyone is doing well, jamming, and generally enjoying life. Now playing: Florasongs by The Decemberists.

jc

dean_martin
10-14-2015, 09:31 AM

Send my best wishes, if possible. Yeah, he could be a rascal on the boards, but we exchanged cordial private messages.

Finch Platte
10-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Send my best wishes, if possible. Yeah, he could be a rascal on the boards, but we exchanged cordial private messages.

I was the same with YECH, we exchanged several compilations and insults. He seemed civil enough to me until I insulted him a bit too far (imagine THAT) and he disappeared.

Hi, Jim Clark! Wow, long time!

Finch Platte
10-14-2015, 03:55 PM
I hope he defeats his cancer.

Me, too. Best thoughts sent his way.

ForeverAutumn
10-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Looks like a lot of people just dropped in to see what's up. Timing, huh? Trust everyone is doing well, jamming, and generally enjoying life. Now playing: Florasongs by The Decemberists.

jc

Wow, JC! Nice you see you. How's life?

Hyfi, please give Mark my best wishes for a full recovery. Cancer sucks. I hope he beats the **** out of it.

Mr Peabody
10-15-2015, 07:00 AM

Yech isn't human and, therefore, doesn't count.

I miss DarrenH, Mike, and Demetrio.

Mr Peabody's partial actual name is Bryan with a "Y", Hyfi is Brian with an "I". Mr Peabody's partial emial contains "hifi" with an "I" and Hyfi is Hyfi with a "Y". LOL How is that for confusion?

Hyfi
10-15-2015, 07:18 AM
Mr Peabody's partial actual name is Bryan with a "Y", Hyfi is Brian with an "I". Mr Peabody's partial emial contains "hifi" with an "I" and Hyfi is Hyfi with a "Y". LOL How is that for confusion?

Hyfi's email does not contain any of it.

I have partially retired that moniker as I join new forums as Shadowfax. I hate that I picked Hyfi in the first place, but it was out of desperation while trying to create an account and everything I picked said it was already taken.

Swish
10-15-2015, 06:48 PM

WTF is a Tarte au citron? A lemon tart with vodka or something? I'm not a big dessert fan. I'd rather more booze...as you well know.

Swish
10-15-2015, 06:50 PM

Damn. Can't say I remember him or his rude comments that got him banned. Cancer sucks though. Had a minor incident myself but it's all good.

Swish
10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Seriously? You insulted him 'too much'? I joined 'anti-prog' movement, not because I truly hate prog (I do), but because it made me laugh until beer shot out of my nose ("I will pray for your soul"). He went off the deep end, as you all know, and that was it for me.

Mr Peabody
10-16-2015, 11:37 AM
I used to have richmond's email but lost it when I had to upgrade computers.

Who was the guy that is Markw best friend here, he used to have the highest number of posts, over 10k, really didn't talk audio much but was always funny? Man, i am drawing a blank. And, who was the young buy from Belguim who had the Mac gear?

I didn't see Topspeed here, did I miss it? Where's Woochifer? Is Geoffcin still lerking behind the sceens? Oh, what about Nightflier?Filecat13 pops in occasionally.

Did the guy who posted from Jamaicca get baned or did he just fade away?

Who misses Pixelthis?

Jack in Wilmington
10-16-2015, 11:51 AM
I used to have richmond's email but lost it when I had to upgrade computers.

Who was the guy that is Markw best friend here, he used to have the highest number of posts, over 10k, really didn't talk audio much but was always funny? Man, i am drawing a blank. And, who was the young buy from Belguim who had the Mac gear?

I didn't see Topspeed here, did I miss it? Where's Woochifer? Is Geoffcin still lerking behind the sceens? Oh, what about Nightflier?Filecat13 pops in occasionally.

Did the guy who posted from Jamaicca get baned or did he just fade away?

Who misses Pixelthis?

I heard Pixelthis got his gender reassignment surgery and she's now a spokes model for Visio.

noddin0ff
10-16-2015, 01:12 PM
he used to have the highest number of posts, over 10k, really didn't talk audio much but was always funny?

GMichael?

Mr Peabody
10-16-2015, 07:38 PM
GMichael?

That's him! Thanks

Hey, I remembered another, BadAssJazz

Mr Peabody
10-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Basite, is the young guy I was trying to remember from Belgium. And! Ajani, the guy from Jamaica.

There was that period I was gone due to some type of computer issue so I am out of the loop if there's a reason some haven't been here. There's a lot of audio forums and who knows what makes the thrive. Audio Asylum has a lot of members but it's fairly slow as well but depends on the forum. It would and has been nice to see some of the old timers drop in.

ForeverAutumn
10-17-2015, 08:00 PM
WTF is a Tarte au citron? A lemon tart with vodka or something? I'm not a big dessert fan. I'd rather more booze...as you well know.

It's French you Neanderthal!

Bernd was a chef.

ForeverAutumn
10-17-2015, 08:01 PM
GMichael?

GMichael is alive and well. I keep in touch with him.

Basite, is the young guy I was trying to remember from Belgium.
Basite was a cool kid. Very smart and mature for his age, if that was his real age. I still don't really believe he was that young.

thekid
10-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Well the list has a few names that I recall from when I this site was bit more active.

Finch Platte
10-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Well the list has a few names that I recall from when I this site was bit more active.

A bit? A BIT?!?

thekid
10-18-2015, 01:40 PM
A bit? A BIT?!?

Well I was trying to be nice about it..... :D