AQ Jitterbug [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AQ Jitterbug

blackraven
10-03-2015, 07:47 PM
I got my Jitterbug today and tried it out.

There are some pluses and minuses. I have tried it in line with my Regen and Luxman DAC and it clearly improves clarity and give a little more detail and air but at the expense of removing some midrange warmth and bloom. Listening to Eva Cassidy's "True Colors" there was a little more prominent sibilant's. I also tried it in another USB socket next to the Regen. I think that there is a slight improvement in sound without loss of warmth. I have had it running for about 45 minutes. I will report back in a few days after it is broken in. I am going to try it with my son's AQ Dragon Fly as well.

Feanor
10-04-2015, 05:02 PM
I have two Jitterbugs as I mentioned. Both are currently working in parallel with DACs; I intend to put one in series with my Schiit Wyrd and Bifrost DAC but have been a bit too distracted to get to it.

Working only in parallel with the Wyrd+Bifrost, I believe a I notice small improvement. This consists of slightly less residual grain which in turn improve air and resolution a bit. I must admit, though, that the improvements are very small at best.

harley .guy07
10-19-2015, 07:12 AM
I have been reading that people are starting to use the Uptone Regen and AQ Jitterbug together and they are getting really good results from that setup. I think they put the Jitterbug on the pc side and the Regen on the Dac side of the USB cable and this seem to hit the sweet spot for some.

blackraven
10-20-2015, 04:09 PM
The Jitterbug makes a very noticeable difference with my son's Dragon Fly dac. It gives a blacker background and there is more detail. It sounds more HiFi.

It does not work well with my Regen and Luxman DAC.

Overall the Regen makes a much bigger difference in every system that I have heard it in.

Feanor
12-02-2015, 10:27 AM
I have two Jitterbugs as I mentioned. Both are currently working in parallel with DACs; I intend to put one in series with my Schiit Wyrd and Bifrost DAC but have been a bit too distracted to get to it.

Working only in parallel with the Wyrd+Bifrost, I believe a I notice small improvement. This consists of slightly less residual grain which in turn improve air and resolution a bit. I must admit, though, that the improvements are very small at best.

Further this: I've used the Jitterbug in series ahead of both my Bifrost and SMSL DACs. The computer refused to "see" either DAC.

My conclusion: Jitterbug doesn't work as advertized.

blackraven
12-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Mine worked just fine with my Luxman DAC and my son's Dragon Fly.

Feanor
12-03-2015, 05:01 AM
Further this: I've used the Jitterbug in series ahead of both my Bifrost and SMSL DACs. The computer refused to "see" either DAC.

My conclusion: Jitterbug doesn't work as advertized.

A lot of people have reported good results with Jitterbug. I'm merely pointed out that results may vary. AQ nowhere suggests that the Jitterbug might not work (at all) with some equipment; if you buy Jitterbug, be prepared for possible disappointment.

frenchmon
12-12-2015, 04:08 AM
I've been using a JB with the iFI iUSB3.0 PSU for a while now. I get great results! But the JB as with the Regen as well as the iUSB3.0, they will work great or not so great depending on the synergy of the system components.