Home Theatre Audio Help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Home Theatre Audio Help

pwcopy
09-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Hello. Let's begin with I know nothing about Home Theater A/V. This listing is in this forum because I don't know where to start. My tube TV is hooked up to a 2-channel system that's 20-30 years old: Kenwood 100w/ch receiver, Bose 201s. System use is 50% TV, 40% music/NPR and 10% DVD. I'm happy with what I have now. But time marches on and the home entertainment center that currently occupies the corner of my living room is making way for a direct-vent gas fireplace and masonry hearth which will have to do double duty housing new home entertainment equipment including a 42" flat-screen and audio system. I'm on a budget of $1,500 for the works (just the TV/AV, not the fireplace). If I watch the occasional DVD and get a reasonable facsimile of a home theater experience, that will be fine. But if I put on Miles Davis or Steely Dan and it sounds like "Terminator," that's a deal breaker. Music audio quality is #1 for me. The room is a 26' x 18' great room with a cathedral ceiling that goes to 22'. My current system is capable of disturbing the neighbors and is quite clean at that volume level, at which is rarely plays. This is the only space I have for home entertainment. I don't/won't have a separate home theater room. Bluetooth speakers only qualify if they can produce the best sound. Otherwise, I have no problem running cable. If you're an audiophile, please don't answer. I know I can't meet your high standards on my budget. I'm very interested in hearing from music lovers who think they found the best compromise. Many thanks for your help, PW

Hyfi
09-22-2015, 07:00 AM
you already posted this and got replies.

pwcopy
09-22-2015, 07:26 AM
you already posted this and got replies.

Just figured this out. Apologies for the double post. Pls ignore.