Where are all the Dismemberment Plan fans??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Dismemberment Plan fans???

newtrix1
04-28-2004, 07:08 AM
The current tally for Slint vs. D-Plan is 2-1??? Wassupwitdat? I know there's at least 3-4 more D-Plan fans hiding in shadows.... :)

vote here (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=4040)

Sorry for the little lobby, back to the regularly scheduled program...

BarryL
04-28-2004, 07:41 AM
The current tally for Slint vs. D-Plan is 2-1??? Wassupwitdat? I know there's at least 3-4 more D-Plan fans hiding in shadows.... :)

xxxxxxx

-Jar-
04-28-2004, 08:56 AM

Very difficult to compare the two.

Different times, different situations.

Slint were peerless. They were there, did their business, and were gone in a flash. Their closest musical siblings were Bastro, B!tch Magnet, Codeine, and maybe Don Caballero. Who's really heard much about them? It's their musical children who really carried on and fleshed out many of the ideas (stop/start, soft/loud, speak/sing, etc..) that Slint touched on with their two albums. Gastr del Sol, Rodan, June of '44, Shipping News, Tortoise, Rachels, For Carnation... To me, it would make more sense to pit one of them, esp. June of '44 against the D-Plan.

I decided not to vote in this one. I just can't compare them.

-jar

Slosh
04-30-2004, 07:37 AM
just not a fan of these stupid, annoying f<a>ucking polls

~Slosh - Hands up, who likes me?

newtrix1
04-30-2004, 08:01 AM

~Slosh - Hands up, who likes me?Of course you're entitled to an opinion, but I have no idea why any post that's music related and not personally offensve should elicit a comment like that. :confused:
FYI, in my opinion, your statement has far more negative impact to the board than any poll.
Don't mean to single you out, or publically chastize (oops guess I did both, sorry ;)) but hey, lighten up mon! :)

Just for that I'm gonna have to punish you with my latest comp! Btw, my mailbox hasn't received anything lately from one of my favorite compsters and neighbor to the north!

P.S. I still like you :p

Slosh
04-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Of course you're entitled to an opinion, but I have no idea why any post that's music related and not personally offensve should illicit a comment like that. :confused:
FYI, in my opinion, your statement has far more negative impact to the board than any poll.
Don't mean to single you out, or publically chastize (oops guess I did both, sorry ;)) but hey, lighten up mon! :)

Just for that I'm gonna have to punish you with my latest comp! Btw, my mailbox hasn't received anything lately from one of my favorite compsters and neighbor to the north!

P.S. I still like you :p

Good thing we have all these polls, eh? Otherwise I wouldn't know what to listen to.

The who likes me thing was a Young Ones reference, BTW.

Uh, thanks for the comp, I think :p

~Slosh - f<a>uck my impact

mad rhetorik
04-30-2004, 04:28 PM

~Slosh - Hands up, who likes me?

Hey, nobody's being forced into participating. If people don't want me to poll anymore, I'll stop.

Slosh
04-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey, nobody's being forced into participating. If people don't want me to poll anymore, I'll stop.

I guess if nobody isn't complaining... ;)

Just one a<a>sshole's opinion. Do what you like. I'd hate to drive anyone away just because I sometimes think out loud. Pay no attention to me, ever!