Going to see Luna in October. It's been 12 years since the last time I saw them... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Luna in October. It's been 12 years since the last time I saw them...

Swish
08-18-2015, 03:52 PM
...and they split up short after that. I was really surprised they were doing a reunion tour.

Just saw X at the Underground Arts in Philly last month. I'm not a huge punk fan, but they did a decent job, albeit without Billy Zoom. I guess he wasn't in such great shape, and others lamented that he's been missing quite a lot.

Next up are The Jayhawks on 9/11, then Built To Spill on 9/22, followed by the Luna show on October 5th.

ForeverAutumn
08-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Cool.

I don't have much coming up. Rheostatics are doing a trio of reunion shows at the Art Gallery of Ontario on labour day weekend. Tickets are limited to 500 per show. We managed to score tickets to the Sunday show. Although this band was a staple of the Toronto music scene for 30 years before they broke up, and I did see them once many years ago, I really only started to get into them just before their break-up. I never thought I'd have the chance to see them live again so I'm pretty excited.

We're also seeing Tears for Fears in September with BarryL (if anyone remembers him) and his lovely wife. :)

Swish
08-19-2015, 01:33 AM
Cool.

I don't have much coming up. Rheostatics are doing a trio of reunion shows at the Art Gallery of Ontario on labour day weekend. Tickets are limited to 500 per show. We managed to score tickets to the Sunday show. Although this band was a staple of the Toronto music scene for 30 years before they broke up, and I did see them once many years ago, I really only started to get into them just before their break-up. I never thought I'd have the chance to see them live again so I'm pretty excited.

We're also seeing Tears for Fears in September with BarryL (if anyone remembers him) and his lovely wife. :)

Never heard of him. :wink5:

Davey
09-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Luna is probably one of the first bands I talked about around here, long time ago, cool that they are doing some shows. I didn't really connect too much with Dean's last record, but that G500/Luna sound is probably entangled within my DNA double helix now, glad to see you living the dream. Keep it up.

Swish
09-06-2015, 02:06 AM
Luna is probably one of the first bands I talked about around here, long time ago, cool that they are doing some shows. I didn't really connect too much with Dean's last record, but that G500/Luna sound is probably entangled within my DNA double helix now, glad to see you living the dream. Keep it up.

The rumors of your death have been greatly exaggerated.

I rarely visit this site, as I'm sure you know, but to see recent comments from Stone, Jar, and now you? It's like a trip on the way-back machine.

Davey
09-06-2015, 09:18 AM
The rumors of your death have been greatly exaggerated.

And the rumour spread that I was aging fast
Then I ran across a monster who was sleeping by a tree.
And I looked and frowned and the monster was me.

I rarely visit this site, as I'm sure you know, but to see recent comments from Stone, Jar, and now you? It's like a trip on the way-back machine.

Or maybe we're just stopping by to pay our last respects before it goes away to the big website graveyard, or maybe it's a well executed hack using the monikers of some well loved past members? OK, that last part may be a stretch, but speaking of hacks, did you watch the first season of Mr Robot? What a great show, and some really nice music selections throughout the episodes too. Very cool.

Swish
09-07-2015, 03:08 AM
And the rumour spread that I was aging fast
Then I ran across a monster who was sleeping by a tree.
And I looked and frowned and the monster was me.

Or maybe we're just stopping by to pay our last respects before it goes away to the big website graveyard, or maybe it's a well executed hack using the monikers of some well loved past members? OK, that last part may be a stretch, but speaking of hacks, did you watch the first season of Mr Robot? What a great show, and some really nice music selections throughout the episodes too. Very cool.

My summer has been a blur. Too many things to do and not enough time to do them (sigh). Heading to Vermont next week and plan to purchase mass quantities of the revered (and rightly so) Heady Topper IPA, as well as Sip of Sunshine, that may be just as good, from Lawson's Finest Liquids.

We had planned a West Coast trip, flying into Seattle, then renting a car and driving down the coast until we hit San Diego, then flying back from there. We would be stopping along the way, of course, at the many attractions (Redwood Forest, San Francisco, Pebble Beach, etc..), as well as Napa and the many fine craft breweries (Russian River, Stone, Firestone Walker, Deschutes).

Those plans were smothered when we couldn't coordinate the dates among the four of us (my current spouse, her youngest sister and brother-in-law), so we're going to try it for next year.

Jack in Wilmington
09-07-2015, 05:13 AM
My summer has been a blur. Too many things to do and not enough time to do them (sigh). Heading to Vermont next week and plan to purchase mass quantities of the revered (and rightly so) Heady Topper IPA, as well as Sip of Sunshine, that may be just as good, from Lawson's Finest Liquids.

We had planned a West Coast trip, flying into Seattle, then renting a car and driving down the coast until we hit San Diego, then flying back from there. We would be stopping along the way, of course, at the many attractions (Redwood Forest, San Francisco, Pebble Beach, etc..), as well as Napa and the many fine craft breweries (Russian River, Stone, Firestone Walker, Deschutes).

Those plans were smothered when we couldn't coordinate the dates among the four of us (my current spouse, her youngest sister and brother-in-law), so we're going to try it for next year.

Sounds like a nice trip Swish. How long of a trip does this intend to be? Hope you can pull it together for next year. We're just starting to put together some trips for next year also.

Swish
09-08-2015, 02:22 AM
Sounds like a nice trip Swish. How long of a trip does this intend to be? Hope you can pull it together for next year. We're just starting to put together some trips for next year also.

Using on-line tools, the drive is about 35 hours from Seattle to San Diego, and we were going to make it a 10 day vacation. There are several tools that allow you to plot all the stops along the way and shows you the time/distance between each of them. Trying to coordinate this among four working people is a tough job, but we're hoping we can do this next fall.

I have a second cousin in Paso Robles and a nephew in San Diego, so we will benefit from some local knowledge, but the rest will be true adventure. I've been to San Diego and some other parts of Cali, but never been to Seattle or Portland.

Jack in Wilmington
09-08-2015, 04:32 AM
Using on-line tools, the drive is about 35 hours from Seattle to San Diego, and we were going to make it a 10 day vacation. There are several tools that allow you to plot all the stops along the way and shows you the time/distance between each of them. Trying to coordinate this among four working people is a tough job, but we're hoping we can do this next fall.

I have a second cousin in Paso Robles and a nephew in San Diego, so we will benefit from some local knowledge, but the rest will be true adventure. I've been to San Diego and some other parts of Cali, but never been to Seattle or Portland.

We try to average about 5 hours of driving time a day, so 35 hours would be 7 days that it would take us to make the trek. We're heading out on a New England adventure on Thursday. We're taking 10 days and hitting New Hampshire, Mass., Rhode Island, and Conn. You're trip is much more extensive and you should see some beautiful sights.