'A Clockwork Orange' = a great flick [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 'A Clockwork Orange' = a great flick

Feanor
07-13-2015, 11:03 AM
For the first time in a few years I rewatched A Clockwork Orange; writer/director Stanley Kubrick.

Just great great noire satirical comedy. I think I like it better than ever despite many things having changed since 1970 when the film was made -- e.g. the crazy fashions and aversion therapy. That durability is helps make so great. 4.5-5/5*

http://static.rogerebert.com/redactor_assets/pictures/5485f4352afe7b69d6000240/clockwork.jpg

Worf101
07-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Finally saw the whole flick on video a year or so ago. Kubrick does have style I'll give him that. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Just outside my Top 25. Question is... would/could it get made today?

Worf

Smokey
07-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Finally saw the whole flick on video a year or so ago. Kubrick does have style I'll give him that. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Just outside my Top 25. Question is... would/could it get made today?

Alright Worf. Please don’t give studios ideas. We sure don’t need another remake :D

I agree that Kubrick has a style that give movie a distinctive look and feel. Violence might be a bit over top in this film (like the water drowning scene), but it fit in well within content of this movie.

I have it on DVD and this is one of best looking DVD in my collection in term of picture quality.