"San Andreas" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "San Andreas"

Worf101
07-01-2015, 10:32 AM
I got Shanghaied into seeing "San Andreas" with 'The Rock" in the lead. Every time I fell asleep, some explosions or quake woke me up. I've seen worse... but can't remember when. Every disaster/quake cliché known to man was dusted off and trotted out. Including my personal favorite where a non-white dies saving a young white child. Usually is some poor black dude sacrificing his life for some random stranger, this time its some poor Korean kid. God this chit is old! But that's just seasoning for the remaining "against all odds" tripe. Boy it sure is amazing how one man in a midst of a natural disaster that's literally affecting MILLIONS can some how find AND RESCUE every living member of HIS family while the rest of use wait to die. YAWN!!!!! Lets start with him stealing a chopper from LA search and rescue to save his soon to be ex-wife and then flying it north to Frisco to save his daughter while millions below him are slaughtered.... if you can stomach THAT you can probable stomach the rest of it. And in case you're wondering, he IS a public servant who was called in to conduct rescue operations after the first quake.

Worf

Mr Peabody
07-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Wow, thanks for the warning, LOL

Hollywood is more than scraping the bottom of the bucket these days. Not sure if lack of original ideas or old farts unwilling to take a chance on anything outside the usual cookie cutter movie routine. An example, after 30 plus years they're going to make Top Gun 2. Oh, Cruz will chase drones, I can hardly wait.

bfalls
07-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Wow, thanks for the warning, LOL

Hollywood is more than scraping the bottom of the bucket these days. Not sure if lack of original ideas or old farts unwilling to take a chance on anything outside the usual cookie cutter movie routine. An example, after 30 plus years they're going to make Top Gun 2. Oh, Cruz will chase drones, I can hardly wait.

He's already done that in Oblivion. Anyone ever notice how much he like to run in his movies?